Breaking: Portuguese SuperLiga Soccer Package Coming To Dish!!

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by JBar1017, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBar1017

JBar1017 Cool Member

Jul 22, 2003
    I have just received word that KBS (Kelly Broadcasting System), the company that provides the international sports packages on Dish Network, and Dish Network themselves will be announcing some time today, that the Portuguese SuperLiga Soccer Season 04-05 will be returning to Dish Network beginning on Sunday, Aug 29th when the seasons begins.

This is amazing news for those portuguese soccer fans and for those than enjoy the league. Now I'm happy to see its coming back to Dish! Thanks Dish for bringing portuguese soccer back! :)

Jack
    JBar1017

2. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    lol.. Great News indeed (if comes true)

3. Cyclone

Cyclone Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 1, 2002
    Yawn, I'm going back to sleep now.

4. ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal!

5. AlexT

AlexT Guest

So any news on Super Liga ?
    I checked Dishnetwork.com i have seen any annoucement.
    KBS website does not mention the package eitheir.

Alex :)

6. EPLfan

EPLfan Guest

It is the 29th now... i don't see anything :( LIES!

7. Darkman

Apr 16, 2002
    Maybe give it time or something (until the season starts, or until they hammer out last details, etc..)

8. AlexT

AlexT Guest

The league started on 28th i doubt it Dish will get it any time soon.

Alex :)

9. Darkman

Apr 16, 2002
    some report, that on Canadian Bell Express Vu Soccer' Super Liga channel - there is a note now saying:

"Please note that due to on-going Canadian rights discussions, the launch of the 2004-2005 Portuguese Soccer Package will not take place this weekend in time for Week 1 of the Super Liga. The first games are tentatively set to launch for the Week 2 of the Super Liga on the weekend of September 10-13. We apologize for any inconvenience."

So maybe E* is "in the same shoes" somehow .. still talking last minute rights talks.. ;)
    And maybe simularly they might not begin the package for another week or two.. and therefore will postpone with announcement on this.. till everything is finally settled.

Who knows..maybe they will uplink something this coming Wednsday.. together with "other uplink activities for the week...." :)

10. Soccernut

Soccernut AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    Well looks like it will be here soon, go here http://www.spttv.com/ and click on the Dish Network logo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.