1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Breakout Kings" on A&E

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, Mar 14, 2011.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    We decided to watch the first episode of "Breakout Kings" recorded from A&E to see whether to bother to record the second episode tonight. Much to my surprise we both liked it.

Anyone else watch it?

2. Rangers94

Rangers94 AllStar

Feb 12, 2008
    So far it seems to be a decent show, will get intresting next week when Robert Knepper reprises his role as tbag from Prison Break.

3. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I missed the Pilot, so I need to wait till Saturday to record it again, but I did record it last night. That will be an interesting episode. I wonder how A&E got Fox to allow that... Or is Fox actually making the series?

- Merg

4. Rangers94

Rangers94 AllStar

Feb 12, 2008
    Fox order the show but passed it over for Lonestar, which they canceled after 2 eps. The Producers shoped it to other networks & A&E picked it up. I believe some of the creators of Prison Break are behind this, thuss that's how he is able to reprise his role.

5. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Interesting... Can't wait till this weekend to have a mini-marathon then...

- Merg

6. Bluto17

Bluto17 Legend

Jan 31, 2007
    I caught the pilot. I liked it. I think the choice of Domenick Lombardozzi for the Zancanelli role was a good one, based on what he did on 'The Wire'.

Season pass is set.

7. Dario33

Dario33 Godfather

Dec 15, 2008
    I think it's pretty decent. I liked Prison Break and am looking forward to seeing T-Bag again.

8. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Watched both and liked both and kind of a cool concept for a show

9. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    We watched the second episode last night. It is a good show so far.

And for those who haven't seen it, while the "Prison Break" folks created it, "Breakout Kings" is about a U.S. Marshal using a team of cons to capture escapees. It's sort of "Chase" meets "White Collar" except the cons are not "white collar" criminals and there's only one Marshal though the lead con is an ex-cop.

Fox paid for the pilot but didn't pick it up. So the producers shopped it around and A&E ordered a season. One of the cast members moved on during this time but was kind enough to appear briefly in episode 2.

10. Jaspear

Jaspear Godfather

May 16, 2004
    I had all three episodes lined up to watch last night - made it through the pilot and half of episode one before I hit "delete". I couldn't connect with the characters. They were all unlikeable. I can see why Fox passed.

Also, A&E's content editing and deplorable practice of starting one show before the previous one ends didn't help my enjoyment quotient.

Never made it to T-Bag.:)