Bridges CBS

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by spaul, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Aug 7, 2010 #1 of 10
    spaul

spaul Godfather

Jul 18, 2009
    I am writing this to see if anyone knows why CBS pulled this show.It was suppose to run for the summer at 8PM on saturday,s .The show was from a Canadian series my wife and I watched the couple showes and found it gritty cop show had my DVR set to record so,we could skip commercials.Then after a few weeks I, noticed it didn,t record then started to search for future showings with none scheduled.This seemed strange no comments found in local paper Phila.Inquirer which its TV critic gave it a good advance review which, got me to start to watch.I, did e-mail my local CBS afilliate about this with no responce after 2 weeks .Just curiuos if anybody else liked this show and or even heard why it was pulled so soon thanks .

2. Aug 7, 2010 #2 of 10
    larryk

larryk Legend

Aug 17, 2006
  3. Aug 7, 2010 #3 of 10
    LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    The Bridge

It was a joint CBS/Canadian production. 11 episodes were ordered but CBS cancelled it after airing 3 episodes because frankly, no one was watching. CBS has no plans to continue with the unaired episodes. It does not appeared to have been reordered in Canada either.

4. Aug 7, 2010 #4 of 10
    hoophead

hoophead Godfather

Feb 10, 2008
    Shows generally shown on Friday or Saturday nites are not held in high reverence by network execs.
    Even if people DVR and watch them.

5. Aug 9, 2010 #5 of 10
    spaul

spaul Godfather

Jul 18, 2009
    Thanks for the responces to what happened to this show.Maybe Directv will some time in the future will show the series on the 101 like some other network showes that had short runs but, were very watchable.

6. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    I had an iTunes HD Season Pass and four episodes were made available to download.

1. Red Door
    2. Paint It Black
    3. The Fat Lady Sings the Blues
    4. The Unguarded Moment

7. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Sigh. Longing for the good-ole-days when my trusty C-band brought in the CBC unscrambled....

8. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    stupid mistake by CBS this was looking to be much better than rookie blue or flashpoint or whatever the name of that cop show on cbs is called. I hwish thed give it another chance i really loved the 3 episodes i saw and was looking forward to seeing more!!!!:mad:

9. STEVEN-H

STEVEN-H Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    CBS could not afford it. People keep skipping the commercials!:hurah:

10. Art7220

Art7220 Godfather

Feb 4, 2004
    This is why I downloaded them when they first came out. Still have all the episodes on my spare HD. It should still be on BitTorrent.