1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bright house Networks

Discussion in 'Cable TV Discussion' started by Yes616, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Yes616

Yes616 Legend

Sep 5, 2006
    It is now one month since I moved from the Catskill Mountains of New York to Central Florida. While in New York I had CVI until it became TWC and back in the 90's it was one carriage dispute after another so I went to Dish for quite a long time. I was into HD in the early days so I enjoyed Voom with Dish but then came the end of Voom, then the end of MSG and SNY (I like NY sports). Never any YES so my next stop was DirecTV. Nice first year but year 2 was way too expensive. It was at the end of year 2 that I moved to FL and subscribed to Bright house. There have been funny problems with the receivers that they were quick to fix and like always trying to get used to the new channel positions. I am enjoying the triple play deal here. TV (digital, HD and DVR), phone and internet for $155 locked in for 2 years with no further obligation. Again, it's been a month and I am happy so far.

2. EdJ

EdJ Legend

Jan 9, 2007
    Did you compare the prices of DISH to Brighthouse? We spend the winter in 'Brighthouse' country in Melbourne. I subscribe to the cable modem there, but always found that the TV packages were much more expensive than DISH. So I just haul my DISH receiver down there with me and use that when we are in FL. Don't need any cable phone package. Between the Magic Jack and cell phones, that is all I need.