1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broadband deca causing problems with AirPlay

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by tamiraan, Sep 21, 2012.

1. tamiraan

tamiraan Cool Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Is Broadband DECA with Dtv connected home system compatible with other network services such as Airplay or even IP camera. Ever since I've put BBDECA in customers' houses with Airplay and IP cameras, every single one of the customers called me back and complaining about not being able to do any Apple AirPlay, even some of them saying having problems with their ip security cameras. Does anyone know about how much bandwidth this BBDECA uses on a local network? If it is too much, is there any work arounds other than disconnecting it for good? Please advise.

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Unless you're downloading VOD, it's "almost nothing".

3. tamiraan

tamiraan Cool Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Well, that's what i was thinking. Could it be the HDDVRs that popped up on the network after BBDECA installed? They are all DLNA clients, right?

4. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    If they are DLNA clients, they aren't very good ones. :lol:

This level of networking isn't my strong suit, so maybe someone else can offer more info.

"Maybe" it's a router issue.

People have had problems with MRV that turned out to be related/connected to a smart phone being plugged into the network.

5. TedBarrett

TedBarrett Godfather

Oct 10, 2007
    Airplay from an iPad 3 to an Apple TV 3 coexist quite nicely with a HR34 CCK/DECA setup here in my house.

6. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    No problems here with DECA and AirPlay. Odds are something else is going on with their networks.

7. azarby

azarby Hall Of Fame

Dec 15, 2006
    Probably IP address conflicts. Port forwarding assignments may also be an issue.