1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bruins @ Flyers WTF?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by psunate77, Oct 22, 2009.

1. psunate77

psunate77 Godfather

Aug 18, 2007
    So this game isn't shoing up on CI, Crap.. But hey I have the Sports Pack and NESN is showing it, Yeah... 7PM I get the 727 message.. WTF?

Glad I am paying for Sports Pack and CI to see all the key NHL Games..

2. gabek

gabek Cool Member

Jan 19, 2007
    NHL Network 215 is showing the game

3. Boston_bill

Boston_bill Icon

Jul 23, 2009
    Except if you're in the Boston or Philly market, then its blacked out on 215

4. dvdmth

dvdmth Icon

Jul 24, 2008
    Denver, CO
    I always check the NHL schedule page to see what network(s) will carry each game before looking for them on DirecTV (or Comcast, as we subscribe to both and have done so for over a decade now - really comes in handy now with eh D*/Versus issue). Games on Versus, NHL Network (US), and NBC are not part of Center Ice.

5. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Another reason why D* needs to mirror the NHLN game to the 700's.

6. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    So it's blacked out for me on 215. What channel is it on? It has to be on another channel or it wouldn't be blacked out, right?

7. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Looks like you're in PA. Its on CSN-Philly, which isn't available on D*. You won't see it.

8. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    You're right but why is it blacked out? I don't understand why it's blacked out if I can't watch it on any other channel. I subscribe to both the Sports Pack and NHL Center Ice. I understand it being blacked out on 215 since it's on CSN-Philly but since that channel isn't carried then it shouldn't be blacked out on 215.

9. blackhawkzone

blackhawkzone Godfather

Nov 29, 2007
    you can only watch out of market games on the nhl network, so the game is correctly blacked out for you since you are in the philly market. It doesnt matter if directtv carries the channel or not (or any other provider that you could have that doesnt carry the channel), since you are in the philly market, you need to watch it on csn philly

10. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Thanks for the replies guys....it doesn't make much sense but I know you are correct and I appreciate the responses!

11. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    The game is not on Center Ice tonight.The NHLN has it.And it has a larger black out radius than Center Ice.I got blacked out tonight too.I have NO problems with Center Ice Flyers games.I had NO problems with Versus last year.Only the NHLN with Flyers games.
    I got an email response from the NHLN yesterday telling me that it would be blacked out in my area too.

12. psunate77

psunate77 Godfather

Aug 18, 2007
    Thanks guys.. I didn't even think of NHLN.. I watched Rangers-Devils and then Jackets-Oilers.. What feed did NHLN have? Coatsey or Edwards?

13. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    So Flyers games that aren't on NHLN should be shown in my area? Are the Phillies like that also with the MLB Extra Innings package?

14. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    I also noticed that "gamesearch" did not activate on this game, so the DVR did not find it on NHLN.

15. Boston_bill

Boston_bill Icon

Jul 23, 2009

As for the Phillies I believe the answer is yes it's the same. If a team is on the national network (ESPN, TBS, MLB) then its blacked out to protect the local telecast.

16. 1980ws

1980ws Legend

Mar 18, 2008
    Longwood,...
    Coatsey. I think he and Chris Wheeler are the same person. I just like Coatsey a little better. Jim Jackson calls a nice game.

17. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    If Spring Garden PA is close to Philly and/or the FLYERS claim your zipcode and you have DirecTV , they will be blacked out on Center Ice.You would have to watch the FLYERS on CSN on cable.The opposing team's feed would be blacked out too.

18. Ryan

Ryan Icon

Apr 24, 2002
    Spring Grove, PA is southwest of York, PA (not Philly DMA).

It's weird that a town ~90 miles away would be blacked out, but only by NHLN.

Is Comcast Sportsnet Philly on the cable systems out there?

19. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Yes, the cable system in the area is Comcast and they do show CSN-Philly. The crazy thing is they recently picked up CSN-Philly, within the last 3 years, and before that, when I had Comcast service, I still couldn't get Phillies games on MLB Extra Innings. Comcast didn't carry CSN-Philly but we were still blacked out of Phillie games with the MLBEI package.

Our Comcast carries MASN, CSN-Washington, CSN-Philly, and FSN-Pittsburgh