1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BUG REPORT: Guide only has two shows in it followed by 9 days of "No Info Avil"

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by Dualtriamp, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Dualtriamp

Dualtriamp Mentor

Jan 21, 2004
    BUG REPORT: Guide only has two shows in it followed by 9 days of "No Information Available".

Called advanced tech they had me reboot multiple ways. Then check signal strength and check switch.
    No resolution.

Software version: L145HECD-N
    Bootstrap version: 120B
    Flash version: F051

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Make sure you leave the 921 in standby tonight, and the guide data will be back tomorrow.

3. Dualtriamp

Dualtriamp Mentor

Jan 21, 2004
    I asked that question of the ATR and he verified what my experience has been with 721's. They should use the second tuner to download the "new" guide information for a week from now. But I had the guide for all 9 days after the initial 45 minute download and it has disappeared.

4. scottct1

scottct1 Guest

Usually on the first day the guide is only 2 hours into the future. After its first night it downloads the full 9 day guide.

I consider this a bug since on a 721 when you plug it in it downloads the 9 day guide on the second tuner.

5. Slordak

Slordak Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    For my 921, when I first received it, I had programming information for what was currently playing, and in some cases one program beyond what was currently playing, but yes, everything else showed up as no information available.

However, I turned the unit off, went to sleep, and the next morning the full program guide was there. This may be the expected behavior, where the system needs a long undisturbed period of off/standby time in order to retrieve the full program guide.

6. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    FOX-W guide data was screwed up for me last night on my 921, but the rest was OK. I have NO idea what triggered THAT.

I'm assuming everything is back to normal today.