I had a scary moment last night. I was watching a program I had recorded then stop it to watch a live OTA channel and it wouldn't come up. I switched OTA channels (because some drop off here and there) and no luck. I then switched to a satellite program and again no luck (black screen). I then rebooted the system via the power switch (holding it in 5-7 seconds) and it put up the Dish round logo then the "acquiring satellite data" message (678) then the screen went black and stayed there. I tried pulling out the smart card and the reboot process did the same as pushing in the power button. I then called Dish and got an AST and she walked me through the whole process again (no success). She was about to setup a return for my unit when she said the last thing I could try was to physically unplug the unit along with the satellite connections and the reconnect them. I did this and the unit came back. WOW, I had to physically unplug the power to the unit for it to recover. Scary. I hope SW version L147 will address this. I never had this problem with my L145 except for a occasional reboot that I had to do.