1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Report: L180 OTA channel mappings messed up

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by Cheezmo, May 5, 2004.

1. Cheezmo

Cheezmo Legend

Feb 5, 2004
    I turned it on to check out my Enterprise recording (21-1).

When I turned it on, neither the SD or HD light came on.
    I pressed the output button until the HD light came on, it showed 77-0 UKN.

I went to DVR screen and the recording was there so i selected it and "Start Over". I quickly realized it was ABC and not UPN.

I stopped the recording and now whenever I tune to 21-1, I get 8-1 instead.

I did an automatic scan after deleting 21-1 and it fixed it.

2. jsanders

jsanders Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. My work around was the same as yours......

3. Richard Chalk

Richard Chalk Legend

Jan 4, 2004
    I had one yesterday - channel 4-1 became channel 33-1. Interestingly, 4-1 was the only channel I kept losing before the 180 update.

It is not necessary to delete - just go to "add DTV", enter the correct channel number and wait for a lock, save, save, and it should be fine.

Richard

4. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Call me crazy, but I really wish this would happen to me so that I could try to find some pattern or cause for this.

5. cclement

cclement Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 22, 2004
    This re-mapping problem occurred last night for me as well. I keep losing 5-1 ever since the L180 download. I get it back after a rescan, but usually lose it after a couple days. But now instead of losing it, 4-1 has showed up on 5-1. Every time I try to "Add DTV", it locks up and a reboot is necessary. So I just stay away from that screen.

6. H2OSkier

H2OSkier Mentor

Jan 20, 2004
    This happened to me the other day. I wanted to watch ABC 7 but when selected I got CBS 2. It took me several tries to get ABC back. A simple remove/add did not work. If I remember correctly when I removed all the OTA channels and did a scan that didn't work either. I just kept removing/adding ABC until it came back.

Ken

7. the_tx_dude

the_tx_dude AllStar

Jan 26, 2004
    It was happening to me as well but two weeks ago I deleted all with intention of readding each individually as suggested by Don Landis here. It took 3-5 deletion tries to get some to go away and then they mysteriously came back. I kept deleting and checking until there were 4 consecutive times with no channels listed. I then added individually using their actual frequency instead of scan. I have not had the remapping problem since. Could be lucky so far or could be due to the 1/2 hour spent deleting and readding individually.

8. H2OSkier

H2OSkier Mentor

Jan 20, 2004
    Weird, last night I was not able to get to CBS 2. This is the channel that I was getting when I was trying to tune to ABC 7 a few nights ago. I tried removing/adding and the channel wouldn't appear in the list after I did a save. I did see something interesting. When I added the channel I would get a signal strength of 120 (green bar) but if I let it sit there I would see it go to 100 but the bar turn red. If I just let it sit there the bar would just changed from green to red and back. May be nothing but did seem strange. I fixed the problem by removing the channel and pulling the smart card and after waiting the mandatory 10 minute reboot adding the channel back. Really makes it hard to record OTA programs when stuff like this happens.

Ken

9. DonLandis

DonLandis Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    Be sure you check the dot in the list of channels that contains the new channel just added when you return from the signal strength screen. Clicking save or done without the new channel checked in the dot will be reason for the save to fail. I consider this a redundant unnecessary step but it is required for the 921 to work.

The other cause for channel failures behind the scenes, especially during a timer recording, is the red - green signal bar. Channels with marginal signal strengths will yield marginal results for viewing and recording. Only channels that produce solid strong, in the green 100% will give solid strong and 100% viewing and recordings, assuming all other requirements are met.