1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BUG REPORT: Local Channel Timed Recordings Not Working

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by mcowher, Jan 1, 2004.

1. mcowher

mcowher Mentor

Jan 27, 2003
    I've created a number of timed recordings of local channels, and they are not starting. I can record manually by pressing record on the remote, but timed recordings do not work. I even get the flashing clock before the recording, but the actual recording never starts.

Boot Version: 120B
    Flash Version: F051
    SW Version: L142HECD-N

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    How are you creating the timers? From the guide and then editing the channel number? Or by going through the menu to the timer screens, or by going through the DVR screen to the timer screen? Please be literally as specific as possible.

3. MM-etech

MM-etech Cool Member

Oct 16, 2003

I have found the same problem on my JVC (PVR-921). I tried it with receiver on and local channel with 90% signal. This was the only reason I paid $1000.00 for the receiver! SW Version L142 as of 1/1/04.

4. mcowher

mcowher Mentor

Jan 27, 2003
    I am creating it manually using the Create button on the Timers menu which I accessed directly from the Main menu. Signal strength for the channel I am recording is over 95%

5. Richard Chalk

Richard Chalk Legend

Jan 4, 2004
    I have exactly the same problem. The manually-created timer appears in the timer list, the clock icon flashes, but the recording never starts. After the scheduled time, the event no longer appears in the timer list, but there is no recording. Manual record is fine, as is pause-resume on live viewing.

Boot version: 120B
    Flash Version: F051
    SW Version: L142HECD-N

6. Big D

Big D Legend

Aug 19, 2002
    Confirmed, I use the menu method to manually create an event, it does not fire.

SW Version L142HECD-N
    Boot Version 120B
    Flash Version F051