1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Report: Loss of OTA Channels

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by John Quaglino, Feb 29, 2004.

1. John Quaglino

John Quaglino AllStar

Aug 5, 2003
    Almost everyday I lose 2 OTA channels. When I tune to the channels, I get a message telling me the channel cannot be found. I go into setup and then readd the channels. They then work fine (full functions) for about a day. Both channels run 24/7.

2. Allen Noland

Allen Noland New Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I have the same problem with 1 channel.

3. alipka

alipka AllStar

Dec 11, 2003
    I had the same thing today with about 5 or 6 channels. They were working fine for weeks prior to this, and they were coming in well on my DISH 6000 at the same time. Deleted them, re-found them: worked fine.

4. Mar 1, 2004 #4 of 10
    H2OSkier

H2OSkier Mentor

Jan 20, 2004
    I've lost count how many times I've had to re-add my OTA channels. When I lose them I seem to lose all of them. To me this would rank up near the top of what I would like to see fixed soon.

Ken

5. Mar 2, 2004 #5 of 10
    sleepy hollow

sleepy hollow Legend

Aug 25, 2003
    I lost one as well. Just readded it and everything was fine.

6. Mar 2, 2004 #6 of 10
    Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    I think that we (meaning Eldon and me) may be narrowing in on the cause of this problem. That's about all I can say for now, but there are some things happening that are looking promising.

7. Interprises

Interprises AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 12, 2004
    Just FYI -- I, too, continue to have a serious problem with OTA corruption, since L149. I can re-add, but they remove themselves within short time; usually one day. Also, one channel - '75' - remains in the guide, but does not appear in the Local Channels modification screen. In other words, it's not available for removal. In fact, we don't even have a channel 75 in this area. Selecting the channel from the guide brings up a blank screen; doesn't say acquiring signal or not found.

8. rrg

rrg Cool Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Ch. 75 seems to be what the WB's signal re-maps to on ATSC if the downlink isn't being handled properly by the affiliate (just as PBS affiliates are often mapped to Ch. 80).

9. Bogney

Bogney Legend

Jul 11, 2003
    My understanding is that it is actually done on purpose by the local station. The idea was to have most WB stations remap to channel 75 in addition to their analog channel number. That way, no matter what city you are in, you can always find the WB on channel 75.

10. Interprises

Interprises AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 12, 2004
    Thanks for clarifying that, guys!