Bundle pricing?!

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by WebTraveler, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WebTraveler

WebTraveler Icon

Apr 9, 2006
    Locally, my phone company (Qwest) has a tie in with Directv. Essentially if you bundle Directv with Qwest you get between $5 and $10 back (assuming you allocate it all to your Directv part of the bundle).

Has anyone ever been successful in getting Dish Network to honor the net bundle pricing offered by its competitor? I run the dollars and find I could save some money by going to Directv; my research and inquiry shows me that overall Dish has better equipment, but Directv has more programming options. For me, it works out I could save a few $$ by doing this bundle with Qwest.

(I used to know people with Dish locally, but one by one every one of them has slowly migrated to Directv....I look outside and see all kinds of dishes in the neighborhood, but seem to be Directv these days.....I am curious how Dish really does in a market where the phone company is tied in with the competitor.....everyday I see more and more people dropping Comcast cable for Directv as well.......Directv trucks are everywhere.......)

Since I am long past my committment, nothing keeps me with Dish, per se. I just bought a HDTV and am really considering my options - upgrade w/Dish to HDTV or go to Directv.

So anyone ever get Dish to honor the competitor's bundle pricing?

2. jclewter79

jclewter79 Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2008
    Dish Bundles with ATT so Directv are not the only ones with bundle packs. All I know about them matching bundle prices is that it is worth a shot.

3. convem24

convem24 Icon

Mar 11, 2007
    jclewter79 is correct, except Embarq also bundles with Dish along with AT&T (there is a six month window where Dish is testing exclusivity with AT&T to see how successful their bundling is, so Directv could be a bundle partner with AT&T again). More to your issue about the Qwest bundling with Directv versus trying to get Dish to give you another sweatheart deal. Below is the current Qwest bundle offer.

$18 off a month for 12 months for new Directv customers when signing up through Qwest.
    $5 off a month bundle pricing when bundled with Qwest services (basically this is a single billed service, all your Directv services and Qwest services would come through Qwest billing).
    3 months of Showtime and Starz with Choice Xtra package and above
    $100 off equipment with Choice Xtra package and above (basically a free HD box or HD-DVR for $99, and up to 4 standard def boxes free installed).

Essentially you will need to ask Dish (if they go for it) for an equilent deal that gives you $345 in programming discounts ($60 off a year for Qwest bundling, $216 off a year for standard $18 off promo and $69 for free Starz and Showtime). I cannot remember what Dish is doing for upgrading HD customers (typically discounted equipment and maybe discounted programming). Weigh your options but here is what Qwest will give you (I don't work for Qwest, but I like to keep up on the programming deals and I current have the Qwest bundle as a customer). Good luck either way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.