1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C31 Client - 90 Degree Power Adapter

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Git, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Git

Git AllStar

Jul 11, 2008
    I just installed a C31 Client which I had planned on just having sit on top of a wall mounted TV. I purchased 90 degree adapters for the coax and hdmi - but I was surprised to see that the power connection actually protrudes a couple of inches straight back

Does anyone know of a 90 degree adapter or some other option. It is certainly not the end of the world - but I would like to have it sit further back...

Attached Files:

• C31.jpg
      C31.jpg
      File size:
      98.7 KB
      Views:
  2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
  3. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    Have you tried letting the C31 sit vertically instead of horizontally, and hiding it behind the TV? Many people have posted that the IR receiver on it is pretty good and it will still get a signal if it is hidden behind the TV (sees the signal bouncing off the walls/ceiling).

4. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    You may want to look into a mounting kit once they're available.

5. Git

Git AllStar

Jul 11, 2008
    I like the way it looks just sitting on top of the tv like that. I see they do have 90 degree adapters - it will just be a matter of finding the correct one. Also I already purchased the 90 adapters for the hdmi and coax

I really find it hard to believe that DTV would make such a small unit like this and that have that stupid power cord...

I need something like this - I was hoping someone has already been down this road and knew which one to buy

Attached Files:

6. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    It looks like one that is in that link I posted.
    You'll just have to know what size is used.
    Typically, they are sized by the voltage of the equipment.

7. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    Or he could just get an RF remote & not even have to worry about the IR range; they can easily be had for less than $20... ;)

8. lzhj9k

lzhj9k Legend

Mar 14, 2009
    To switch gears slightly.......

Does anyone have any idea as to release date for the wall mount bracket for the C31 Thin Client

I had heard late November Early December but dont know how accurate that estimate was and it was 2 months ago

Just wonderin'

9. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    +1. The C31 supports RF as well, if I'm not mistaken.

10. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    I hear that Velcro would work.:)

11. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    Yes, it's already integrated in the C31, hence my previous suggestion of getting an RF remote... ;) ;)

12. Jacob Braun

Jacob Braun King of Awesome

Oct 5, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    I haven't heard anything about this lately...everyone I've spoken to has been using velcro. It's light enough where it will hold on to the back of a TV with nothing else but that.

13. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Perhaps you two didn't read what he wrote??