1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C61 what happened to the sound?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by cypherx, Aug 11, 2018.

1. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Was watching TV in the bedroom which is a C61 client. Out of nowhere the sound just stopped. Changed channels and also tried playing a recording, still silence. I pushed off on the remote and then on, only the TV came on to a black screen. I pushed off and on yet again and now it came back with sound.

I don’t participate in CE anymore so anyone know why the very “beta” like experience lately? I would totally be understanding if they were paying me or giving me free services to test, but we pay for this service. They should only be releasing production level code.

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Better to identify the problem and find a solution than to blame.

3. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Have you rebooted the client? or have you tried just powering it off -Did the sound come back? are you connected hdmi or optical to the TV that lost sound? By chance the tv remote got hit and muted the sound?

Just some suggestions

ericknolls likes this.
  4. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    The mute indicator was not on screen. Its hdmi. Double power off and on fixed. Not sure why changing the channel didn’t.

Power off and on doesn’t work right in the new style remote. It has to be twice in a row. The first time the TV just comes on to a black screen, so off then on has to be pushed again.