1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C61K 4K Intermittent Black Screen Flash

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by HarryG, Oct 25, 2018.

1. HarryG

HarryG Mentor

Jul 9, 2007
    I’ve experienced no 4K video issues the last few weeks, and assumed that Directv had finally addressed and eliminated the intermittent black screen flash.

I hope it is an isolated live transmission issue, and not the reincarnation of the 4K video bug, but the black screen flashes (intermittent loss of video) have returned tonight during the Baylor/West Virginia football game.

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    I would recheck/replace your HDMI cable, ports on TV, avoid AVR in line of video, upgrade FW versions of TV/AVR and try alternate Native On/Off settings

horace clark likes this.
  3. jpenneck

jpenneck Mentor

Oct 19, 2007
    In my case, I have a Sony XBR 65 930E that was having the "black flash" issue. When I upgraded to the latest Sony TV firmware at the beginning of October, it completely solved my problem. I was getting the black flash on 4K & regular channels.

Now, if only DTV would fix the picture freezing issue I would be very happy.

Btw, there is another thread on this subject already: C61K Intermittent Black Screen Flash