1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C61K & HDMI splitter

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dinotheo, Nov 25, 2018.

1. dinotheo

dinotheo Godfather

Sep 21, 2006
    Folks,

Is anyone using an HDMI splitter with their C61K that works without issues?

I bought a matrix switch that supposedly supports 10.2Gbps HDMI 2.0 but it doesn't really work.
    I have a closet with equipment for 2 rooms on a rack/shelf. I want to split the HDMI out from the C61K and feed 2 A/V receivers.
    I was able to use the 2nd HDMI out from one of my A/V receivers to feed the input of the other A/V receiver but I had no audio. My fallback is to feed that second A/V receiver with the digital coax out from the C61K to fill in the audio gap, but was wondering if there was a splitter that worked well. (Successfully passes HLG HDR and audio)

Thanks

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    you missed or forgot about its HDCP 2.2 support - without it you must forget splitting 4K HDMI

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  3. richall01

richall01 Godfather

Sep 30, 2007
    South Georgia
    Are your a/v receiver 4k? Old units will not pass the 4k signal. Had to use the op-link from my LG to my a/v receiver. Target has a HDMI splitter that is 4k HDR.

4. dinotheo

dinotheo Godfather

Sep 21, 2006
    Yes. Both receivers are relatively new(ish) and HDCP 2.2 compliant. (Denon AVR-X4400H and Yamaha RX-A2070)

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    unfortunately to the standard and us, each manufacturer have own implementation/tweaks in their own FW;
    adding to that something more restrictive made by DTV (looks like they set very short time to finish negotiation HDMI/HDCP host-sink pairs)

6. jborchel

jborchel Legend

Oct 7, 2005
    I'm not sure a foolproof splitter exists. I've tried 3 or 4 and most of them failed in one way or another. The closest I have come to working properly is this Monoprice: Monoprice Blackbird 4K Pro 1x4 Ultra Slim HDMI Splitter, HDR, 4K@60Hz, HDCP 2.2 - Monoprice.com
    Andit's not perfect as often it either locks up the C61 on switching to 4K 104 or I get the message that my tv doesn't support 4K. I have it directly connected to the C61 as passing through my 4K receiver made things worse. So for audio I send the tv's toslink output back to the receiver for audio. Of course this can cause lip sync issues, but I've learned to live with it.

As a better solution I am looking into a receiver that has two valid HDMI outputs that are both equal. That would eliminate the need for a splitter. Of course, now you have an issue with the receiver doing the right thing with the signal. What a nightmare all this is. But then, the c61 is the only component that I have this problem with. My BR players and 4K Roku all work properly. Too bad D* can't get it's act in order.

7. dinotheo

dinotheo Godfather

Sep 21, 2006
    I wouldn't be concerned with this if there was a way to get more than 1 4K receiver on my account. I know that there is little content right now. I have a ton of receivers on my account and I am limited to 1 4K receiver. I have 5 4K capable displays (1 projector and 4 LCDs) so I am out of luck on 4K.
    Also, the C61K is the worst receiver I've owned. Half the time it tells me that my set can't support 4K and it defaults to 720p. (Although 720p with HLG)

8. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    actually it's a NOT a receiver in term of satellite DTH TV;
    i's just a [mini] client with limited capabilities attached to a server [HS17 or HR54] where all its functions executed ;
    without the server it's just … a black box :)

9. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
  10. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea