1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cable One, experience?

Discussion in 'Cable TV Discussion' started by Christopher Gould, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    My cable modem provider Newwave communications was bought out by Cable One a little under two years ago. It was finalize in January this year. I have been pretty happy with my 100mbps connection best they offer. Slows a bit between 7 and 10 pm but still faster than my other choice dsl.

Newwave has no caps but I see Cable One does. Cable one seems to have a faster network. They offer 100mbps, 150mbps, 200mbps and 1gig, but with 300, 500, 700, and 1100gb caps. And at cheaper prices. I could upgrade to 150 for what I pay for 100.

Concerned about the caps. Never had home internet with caps. I have myself, wife and 2 kids on the Internet all the time. I'd hope the reliability and quality wouldn't go down but you never know. This change over may take years, but I saw a letter from a customer where I work at said newwave was going all digital on cable channels now and id assume this is part of the upgeade.

Is their a way I can monitor my Internet usage now before any changes happen? I have an arris sb618 modem with a linksys wrt 100 router.

Any info on cable one and Internet usage would be appreciated. Thank you

2. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    Well a little update. They upgraded my speed to 200mbps with no data cap. I'm assuming we are grandfathered in. I also assume they gave the 100mbps tier customers the 200mbps package because the 100mbps newwave package had upload of 10mbps and cable one only the 200mbps had that. Overall I have had any problems.