Call From 877 Number

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by linuspbmo, Sep 12, 2019.

1. linuspbmo

linuspbmo AllStar

Oct 2, 2009
    I just received a call from 877-410-4634 today saying I would receive the Movies Extra Pack for 3 months at no cost within 48 hours. I seem to remember another thread asking about this but I couldn't find it right now. Is this a legit offer or was it a scam call, sounded like they were from India. I didn't give them any information, I just said thanks and hung up. There is nothing about it on my account page for Directv. I did notice that my package is now called World Direct Preferred Extra instead of just Preferred Extra, I don't see any different channels and the price is the same. Any ideas?

2. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Sure ...

Call DIRECTV to confirm it ....

As the HD Extra Pk. is regularly offered on 3 mo. free trial deals like that, but call to verify anyway to make sure.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

3. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
  4. linuspbmo

linuspbmo AllStar

Oct 2, 2009
    Thanks, I should have googled before I posted. Hundreds of complaints about spam, (scam) calls from this number. I will check to see if anything shows up but I doubt it unless there is a free week for the Movies Extra Pack.

5. linuspbmo

linuspbmo AllStar

Oct 2, 2009
    I received an e-mail from Directv this morning and it confirmed my order of Movies Extra Pack for 3 months. It is showing a credit of $4.99 each month so it is free. Directv account on website shows free also, no other changes. It looks like it was legit after all.

6. grover517

grover517 AllStar

Sep 29, 2007
    A few months before I left, they called me and offered the Movies Extra pack free for 3 months. Seeing I had just cancelled it a few short weeks before because we never watched it, they were shocked when I declined. I had to basically hang up on them to end the call because they didn't want to take "no thanks" for an answer. Got an email a few days later advising me that there had been changes to my account and when I investigated, found they had added it anyway. Had to go back in and cancel it yet again. Just one more straw that resulted in my leaving.