Can I add/remove receivers from DirecTV.com?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by gdavisloop, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdavisloop

gdavisloop Cool Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Hello,
    I thought I could add/remove receivers at DirecTV.com, but now I can't find any "click" that does that... am I missing something, or did they remove this feature?
    thanks!
    g@hoxnet.com
    --Gary

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Yes, they removed this feature several months ago. You must call them at 1-800-DIRECTV.

3. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    You can still order a new receiver on DIRECTV.COM. Just click on EQUIPMENT and then you will be able to place an order for a new receiver for your existing account.

Of course, you have to REGISTER your account and log in before these options appear.

You never could REMOVE a receiver online. You also couldn't EXCHANGE a receiver online (for example, return an owned receiver to active status while disconnecting an existing active receiver).

In the past, you COULD add an owned receiver back to your account that was presently out of service if it had a current level (4 nowadays) access card still associated with it, and it hadn't been inactive for too long a period of time. You also could activate a new receiver you just picked up at a local store. This feature may have been removed.

4. slapshot1959

slapshot1959 Legend

Jan 24, 2006
    I've added and removed receivers through their email several times in the past year. Albeit,one's I've had laying around. Works like a charm.

5. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Very possible. And speaking to a CSR usually results in an instant update that you are looking to do. But you can't do it YOURSELF on the WEB PAGE anymore, even though you can do most anything associated with a DirecTV account there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.