1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I use dishnetwork's legacy dual lnb to get 129 with dvr

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by jaytin, Jun 15, 2009.

1. jaytin

jaytin Mentor

May 3, 2009
    Can I get sat 129 with dishnetworks dual legacy lnb with my dvr612 ?

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    If your other lnb's are legacy as well, connected with an sw switch.

3. jaytin

jaytin Mentor

May 3, 2009
    Grays, what OTHER mean ? trying to get just one sat.
    By the way, can we find legacy lnb for 118 ?

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I could swear I'm feeling deja vu here.

There is no "legacy" 118.7 LNB. As far as I'm aware there is only one LNB that will pick it up and you also need the differently-designed dish to properly focus it as well.

5. jaytin

jaytin Mentor

May 3, 2009
    thanks stewart, Like our other friend said above, Are you agree that we can pick up 129 with dishnetworks dual legacy lnb.

6. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    129W is Ku so it your LNB can pick up any other Ku satellites, it can pick up 129W.

Legacy equipment is substantially overrated.

You can buy a serviceable DP Dual on eBay for well under $20 and it doesn't require any special switchgear or adapters (other than maybe a mounting adapter).

7. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Problem would be you need more than one sat to get all the HD Dish offers, the balance of them are on 110.

8. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    The problem I see brewing here (as we've had several threads about it very recently)...

I can't think of why you couldn't get 129 with a legacy LNB... BUT getting 129 by itself isn't going to get you all that you need from Dish.

So then when you start combining other SAT locations, you need all legacy or all DPP to work together... and then the newer receivers have requirements as well...

So answering these sorts of questions as if it were 1 SAT independent of other locations or receivers or programming packages doesn't give the whole picture, I'm afraid.

9. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    Yes, a legacy LNB can pick up 129° when connected directly to a receiver. The problem comes when you run it through a switch for the other satellites you also need. For some unknown reason the ViP receivers no longer recognize 129° via a legacy switch.

It would seem to be a receiver software problem, but not all the receivers got software updates when the problem started. My WAG is that it has something to do with Ciel II, maybe some identifier embedded in the DBS signal that somehow conflicts with the legacy switching method of pulsing voltage changes. As I said, WAG.

10. peano

peano Icon

Feb 1, 2004
    I think they fixed it for the 211K at least.