1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I use existing CCK to access internet in other rooms with no recievers?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Kev4Bama, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Kev4Bama

Kev4Bama Legend

Aug 7, 2010
    I havent seen this question asked quite like this. I have a DECA Broadband connector, the one that is a few years old (DECABB1MR0-01) I have it connected to the router of course and fed into the SWM system into and through my SWM 16 in the attic. This currently gives all my connected receivers internet access in all rooms.

Question I have is could I use an RG6 run that is attached to a SWM splitter and SWM 16 in the attic, Put a 2nd or 3rd Generation powered DECA Adapter in a location on the other end of the cable and even though no Receivers are there use it for internet access for something like an Apple TV for an IP camera or something similar?

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I'm not sure exactly of the equipment requirements, but yes you can do that.

3. Kev4Bama

Kev4Bama Legend

Aug 7, 2010
    so basically the DECA Broadband connector will act as a switch seperating all the different devices connected to it?

4. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
  5. Kev4Bama

Kev4Bama Legend

Aug 7, 2010
    Thanks I really appreciate it. I ordered some 3rd generation DECA's and some 2-Way splitters so I am gonna give it a shot!

6. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    I have a Wireless Access Point connected to a DECA in my attic. Works great.

Keep in mind that DECA's are 100mbs. So, even if the rest of your network is gigabit, if you connect a lot of things via the DECA connection, speed will be limited.