Can no longer remove premiums online

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by cypherx, Jun 22, 2020.

1. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    I had some premium channel promos expire so I want to take some off to cut the bill down and last week I was able to do this either online or automated phone system. There wasn’t even a way to talk to a person, so it seems they really streamlined the process. I removed showtime and instantly it deactivated that group of channels on all receivers.

Today I try to remove another one, Cinemax and now instead of just letting me do it, it’s forcing me to call. What changed in the last week? I told the automated phone system to remove both Showtime and Cinemax but it only removed the first channel package last Thursday.

I usually like to call to see if they have any other offers but being that it was automated using voice detection or online simply by checking a box, I accepted that those days were probably over.

I did see tonight online I was able to add movies extra pack free for 3 months. I took them up on the offer. It’s still not activated but I got the confirmation email.

2. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    So I removed Showtime through an automated voice prompt phone system last Thursday - saw you could just "uncheck" it online then too. Then this weekend I went online to do the same with Cinemax... it was saying to call. Last night it still said to call. Now today it lets me simply remove it over the internet.

Make up your minds AT&T. Guess they don't want people talking to real reps who may try to coax you into other deals.

removecinemax.png

krel likes this.
  3. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Lucky you. I haven't even been able to login for 3 days now. It takes me to the login page where I enter my info and then has me to agree with the AT&T terms of service and then I get this.

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 8.49.06 AM.png

4. TANK

TANK Icon DBSTalk Club

Feb 16, 2003
    FLORIDA
    What is DSTMNC ? It's the last box you can check .

5. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    i can't downgrade nothing at all but i can upgrade all i want. the last thing i want to do is call DTV'S awesome customer support.. i think noto_O:confused:

Mariah2014 and AZ. like this.
  6. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    I think its HBOMax that new streaming service. On the myAT&T Mobile app it shows a logo for HBOMax, and its no relation to HBO+Cinemax combo. At first thats what I thought HBOMax was and why the automated system didn't remove Cinemax from the first place last thursday.

The only reason I would call is to see if they offer any deals.

7. BreadDawg

BreadDawg Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Deep South
    I’ve always had success using the chat through the app. I just cancelled a bunch of premiums myself, using that method, took all of 5 minutes.

8. poppo

poppo Hall Of Fame

Oct 10, 2006
    I have not seen the option to remove premium channels on-line for years. Always said you had to call. I always figured they did that to make it more of a pain to be able to order, binge watch and then cancel every few months.

krel likes this.
  9. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    when i went to drop packages and premiums. i would get as far and to click on them and remove them. then when i clicked again i would get a msg saying what channels and programming i would loosing. and then to call an toll free number to downgrade... a real PIA. once my year is up i plan on going back to ultimate.. as the premiums just are not worth it to me and the ultimate package seems to be the best bang for the buck.. as i also prefer having the physical media as chances are i can get it in 4K as well

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  10. zimm7778

zimm7778 Hall Of Fame

Nov 11, 2007
    I’m not able to make any changes except to cancel add ons to my account online. Can’t change base package, or add anything.

krel likes this.