Can R15 Remote control AV receiver?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by timmy2, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timmy2

timmy2 Cool Member

Jan 7, 2007
    Can the standard remote control that ships with the R15 DVR be programed to control the audio level and muting of a typical 5.1 receiver?

I was able to get the remote to power on/off my little JVC receiver under AV1, but the volume and mute controls continue to control the TV or nothing at all.

2. Dalek1963

Dalek1963 Legend

Nov 18, 2006
    Hi,
    I believe so, you may have to look on the web site under manuals for remote controls for the codes, if you can't find the codes through the menus.

3. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Des Moines, IA
    Yes, if there is a tv code programmed in, then do the following to punch-through the jvc aud to all devices:

1. av1 or av2, whichever has the jvc code
    2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
    3. enter 9-9-3
    4. press SELECT

4. TigersFanJJ

TigersFanJJ Hall Of Fame

Feb 17, 2006
    If you want the volume to work in all modes, do as Edmund said. If you only want the stereo volume to work in the av1 or av2 mode (which ever the stereo is under), then step 4 will be to press the "volume down" button instead of select.

Just to clarify, you don't need to take all the time to research the online manuals for the remotes. It is all in the instructions on the screen where you find the device codes through the receiver's menu. No offense meant to you Dalek1963, I just have seen several posts lately about looking at the online manuals. It takes about 15 minutes for those of us stuck with dail-up to look through the manuals (if it is even listed properly there, which I don't think it is), and only about 30 seconds to pull it up on the tv screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.