Can recordings on Genie be transferred to Genie2?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Big Sexy, May 16, 2020.

1. Big Sexy

Big Sexy New Member

May 16, 2020
    I know this is a tired question, I've searched and I don't see any recent updates to this question though. My whole-home genie with wireless bridge SUCK -- the clients lose connections multiple times a day. I just now noticed that there is a Genie 2 and was wondering if it's possible to transfer the recordings on my Genie to the genie2 should I decide to upgrade?

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Nope, can't transfer your recordings.
    I guess maybe the question should be whether you can get rid of your wireless with your existing system?

jimmie57 likes this.
  3. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Recordings are encrypted to the DVR they are on and cannot be transferred. A wired system is far better than a wireless system. wired-wifi-compare.png

krel likes this.
  4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Why don't you just hardwire everything? I had to do that years ago. For similar reasons. Royal PITA but I did it. It was worth it.

Rich

5. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Go wired or maybe there are other changes to make if you can’t go wired. Maybe tell us how your system is setup and where the wvb is in comparison to your router and other clients, etc. wire between the bridge and the genie, splitters, etc...

6. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    i flat out told the installer that i refused to pay the 99.00 for the wireless. i made him hardwire everything since it's less headaches later on. as numb nuts wanted to do a 4k mini in a wireless config. there's no such thing as a wireless 4k mini:confused:..

7. lyradd

lyradd Legend

Mar 20, 2006
    You might try the fix offered on this page: HR-24/Genie keep disconnecting from whole-home. Go to post #90. I just tried it yesterday so it may take a while to see if it works for me.