Can Someone Explain Glitch When Season Pass Record Fails

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by GordonGekko, May 23, 2020.

1. GordonGekko

GordonGekko Active Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Once again I have the same problem and I can't find the solution that I know I read on this board, regarding season pass (Series Manager) recording, I seem to recall that there might be a certain way in which you set up the show that causes it not to record.

Anyway for example, Miami Vice on 541, listed in my Season Pass (Series Manager), zero upcoming, when I go into a specific season it still has a "record series" button option, what is the deal?

2. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    It's probably a duplicate, that is an ep;isode that has been recorded in the last 28 days (even if it is not still on the disk)

3. GordonGekko

Dec 5, 2015
    Last time I recorded it was over a year ago.

4. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I am sure you checked this but, is it set to all and not first run? And in this case I would want it set to all channels to myself or did you lock it one channel?

5. GordonGekko

Dec 5, 2015
    I had it set to first run, just changed it, again when I click the series from the series manager list, it shows "series options" button but it still shows "record series" button when I go into the the individual season folder, also shows that when I click "all seasons".

It reads "all episodes on this channel are set to record", I don't see any option to record on all channels.

6. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    when I changed that setting i need to delete that series and set up again with the new option "First Run" or "All Episodes" on that channel

7. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I almost wonder if you by chance set it to record just the one season...

I might delete the thing and start over. And when you find the show and go to all seasons do not select a season or episode but go strait to record on the menu option on that screen.