DBSTalk Forum banner

can someone tell me why this isn't going to record...?

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Drucifer 
#1 ·
as you can see from the attached shot (yup, camera phone. sorry it's a little blurry), i have 30 rock recording at 8:30pm, and nikita and the office recording at 9:00pm. i've never had a problem with this schedule before. i suppose i could move the office above nikita in series manager, but i thought i'd see if anyone had an idea why i'm getting a conflict where none existed before.

thx!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
How is your DVR connected? Do you have two coax lines to your DVR, so that both tuners are active? Alternatively, do you have it connected via SWM so that both tuners are active? You have two shows scheduled to record at the same time, if both tuners are not functioning then the one that has lower priority won't record.

#4 ·
thx for the quick replies, guys.

davenlr: i suppose it could be a non-first run, but the message on the screen says that it conflicts with nikita, a higher priority program.

mobandit: yes, 2 tuners, 2 coax cables, no swm. i suppose one of my tuners might have gone out. nah, i just checked double-play, and it's working.

thx guys! keep those ideas coming!

#6 ·
Interestingly enough, I just checked the shows for the date/time you are recording these, and on both my DVRs, Comedy Central show "No title available" and also has their blocks off by 1 minute, i.e. 6:59 - 7:59. Im wondering if there is a guide error on comedy central. Try moving that entry lower in the manager than the two shows at 9, and see what happens. Also make sure there is no padding time after the Comedy central show, or 30 rock.

#7 ·
dang, i thought go beavs nailed it. but i checked, and 30 rock starts at 8:30pm and ends at 9:00pm, and the office and nikita both start at 9:00pm. and, like i mentioned in my op, i've never had a problem with this schedule before.

davenlr: i'm not sure i follow you. are you suggesting that i move 30 rock lower in my series manager than both the office and nikita? i think if i'm going to try anything, it will be to move nikita down below the other 2. i mean, i was going to try that to begin with, but i just wanted to ask around here first. i figured i was missing something obvious.

thx again, guys!

#9 ·
MYSTERY SOLVED!

i just checked my to do list again, and there's another entry listed that was not showing last night, although the to do list was taking it into account. at 8:30pm, the colbert report is scheduled, and it doesn't end until 9:01pm. don't know why it wasn't showing last night, but, mystery solved.

thx for all your input.

#10 ·
Yea, Comedy Central is the one I was suggesting you move lower. They are NOTORIOUS for messed up guide data, as you just discovered. I record ALL my Comedy Central shows using manual records just because of this.

Other things they do:
Fail to mark first run programs as first run
Use generic program descriptions fooling the dvr into thinking its already recorded
Using bad data tricking the DVR into recording the same show twice in one day.
Changing start and stop times to cause the DVR to fail to record other shows.

Manual records on CCHD is your friend.

#11 ·
shmengie said:
dang, i thought go beavs nailed it. but i checked, and 30 rock starts at 8:30pm and ends at 9:00pm, and the office and nikita both start at 9:00pm. and, like i mentioned in my op, i've never had a problem with this schedule before.

davenlr: i'm not sure i follow you. are you suggesting that i move 30 rock lower in my series manager than both the office and nikita? i think if i'm going to try anything, it will be to move nikita down below the other 2. i mean, i was going to try that to begin with, but i just wanted to ask around here first. i figured i was missing something obvious.

thx again, guys!
Your congestion is why many here have more then one DVR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.