can the DTV contractor install a new dish in the rain?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by kathymoore, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kathymoore

kathymoore Legend

Mar 3, 2006
    I have an appointment for a DirecTV contractor to move my dish to a different location. It's scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. However, it's been raining here for the last 3 days. Forecast calls for more rain tomorrow.

Can they install a dish in the moderate to heavy rain? I called the local DTV contractor and left voicemail messages. Didn't hear back from them, so I assume they'll be here tomorrow....

2. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    If they do, Tip Big!!:D

3. joe diamond

joe diamond Hall Of Fame

Feb 28, 2007
    Even in the rain I show up.........Doing the work may not be possible or safe. And if there is a real dense storm there will be no signal to tune. You need at least 70s to activate equipment........the CSRs will say it is not pointed correctly.

In your situation LOS is not an issue but drilling and caulking in the rain???

Think reschedule if the rain continues.

Joe

The forecast for your area looks like SNOW.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    There wouldn't be very many installations in Seattle if they couldn't do it in the rain :)

5. gdavisloop

gdavisloop Cool Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Sure, they could install a dish in the rain... not that they should or will but if the guy is willing to get wet, it is possible.

The bigger question is, if it rains where you live, do you even want a mini-dish???

--Gary

6. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA

I almost never lose the satellite signals, even in our heaviest Seattle rains. A properly aimed dish will rarely experience "rain fade".

7. kathymoore

kathymoore Legend

Mar 3, 2006
    fortunately, there was no rain when the installed arrived. He relocated the dish
    to the back of the house in about an hour. (but the rain started to come down
    when he was leaving) :)

8. Ext 721

Ext 721 Icon

Feb 26, 2007
    ah, the big yellow slicker (with pants!) in my old directv van.

and yes, I got better tips on those days, and I loved cracking the joke when they saw the TV working beautifully..."so....think it'll work in rain?"

heh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.