1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can the Genie Mini Client Output HDMI & Digital Audio Simultaneously?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Steady Teddy, May 27, 2013.

1. Steady Teddy

Steady Teddy Godfather

Jan 23, 2007
    I currently have 2 HR 20 700's. They can output HDMI & Component/Optical audio at the same time. I will be moving soon and plan on upgrading to the HR 44 but I see the client only has Digital audio.

Anyone know if the client can output HDMI and Digital audio at the same time? I will have two displays in the same room and may need a separate DVR in addition to the Genie for my needs.

Everything will be fed through a Denon 5308CI which has two HDMI outputs but can only display one HDMI signal at a time.

Thanks in advance

2. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Yes, all outputs are "live" simultaneously. you can even get the 10 pin component cable "dongle" to get HDMI and component at the same time. this cable also includes stereo RCA

3. Steady Teddy

Steady Teddy Godfather

Jan 23, 2007
    Thanks.

4. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    You are welcome.

5. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    LOL, my first thought on reading this is it will jinx the current happy output configuration and somebody in the software department is going to mung up something.

Have I been here long enough to be this paranoid already ???

!devil12: