1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can the H20 be Programmed to Change Channels?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Aria, Feb 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aria

Aria AllStar

Aug 27, 2005
    With my Sony SAT-B55, I could program it to change channels-- so my VCR could record one channel one hour, then record another channel the next hour, etc.-- without me having to be there. Does the H20 have this ability?

I've already been sad to learn the H20 can't control the VCR by IR to turn record on and off on the VCR (like my Sony SAT-B55 could), and that it doesn't have two Sat outlets, like the DVR models. So, I'm hoping it at least has this important feature.

Oh, and for those who haven't read my previous posts, I can't use the HR10-250, because I'm in a MPEG 4 area.

2. luvdtv04

luvdtv04 Legend

Aug 20, 2005
    You can set up the H20 to Autotune programs on different channels at different times. Just highlight the program in the guide and select "Autotune."

3. rjc

rjc Legend

Jan 26, 2006
    What does the autotune function do on an H20 receiver? Please explain

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    It works as a scheduler...if you go out in teh future in teh guide, and choose a program that will air, it will ask you if you want to set up an autotune..When that program airs, the H20 will automatically tune to that channel....

As Ron Popeil says "set it and forget it"

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.