Cancellation/MLB Extra Innings Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by BreadDawg, May 20, 2019.

1. BreadDawg

BreadDawg Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Deep South
    My contract with DTV expires in July. I have a monthly subscription to MLb EI. I know I am obligated for 6 payments of EI and I know I can not get out of that, nor do i want to. I am thinking about chordcutting and am wondering what will happen to my payments that are left on my EI if I cancel dtv? DO they just add them to my final balance? My main reason for asking is if I cut the chord I want to make sure I can still use my MLBTV login. Anybody done this or something similar?

2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Is your MLB subscription thru D*?

Rich

3. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    i know you can cancel sports subscription in season and your done with it, i done it twice , no can't still login to your MLBTV

4. BreadDawg

BreadDawg Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Deep South
    Yes I am currently subscribed to Extra Innings through Directv

5. BreadDawg

BreadDawg Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Deep South
    That’s odd because once the season begins you can not get out Sunday Ticket or Extra Innings. My question is in regard to cancelling services as a whole with Directv while being part of one these subscriptions.

6. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    "Subscriptions cannot be canceled after the start of the season and subscription fee cannot be refunded."

AZ. likes this.
  7. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    well , two years ago i cancel the NBA LP because they give me it free the year before and didn't even find out about it until mid January , and i called they told myself you get won't charged for next season so the next season come and i have to call in, and EI this season about a 2 or 3 week into season and they let cancel me it

8. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    As it has been for years, what their stated policy is and what any CSR does is usually different.

9. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    If I were a betting person I'd bet if you cancel your DirecTV service it would also cancel MLB EI with no refund of any portion of it since you already missed the cancellation date for EI.

10. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    This

11. BreadDawg

BreadDawg Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Deep South
    Correct, but since I’m a monthly subscriber, I didn’t pay for the whole season at once, I am to be charged 6 payments. IF i cancel services, would they let me out of the rest of my payments for Extra Innings?

12. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    I doubt it. I think your final bill would include the remainder of EI. You can cancel EI right now and you will still be charged the rest of the months because you already missed the cancellation date which was April 4 according to the email I got when it told me it was auto-renewing it. AT&T even stopped giving partial month refunds for canceling DirecTV if you cancel before the end of your monthly due date.

13. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    I believe the cancellation date is to get a refund.. So if he paid in full and cancelled now, he would get nothing back.. If he paid the 6 months and was 3 deep and cancelled, that would be the end of it

14. BreadDawg

BreadDawg Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Deep South
    I agree with what you guys say. The golden question is will I be able to login to mlbtv using my directv credentials if I’ve paid for the service completely but have cancelled my services altogether with directv? That might be a question for mlb...

15. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    It would be and I would assume no. Your going to have to get your own mlb.tv account. Good news is there should be deals coming around soon