1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cancelled order due to extra charge.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Mojojoe, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Mojojoe

Mojojoe Cool Member

Oct 17, 2012
    I had already placed a order. Since I have gotten a mailer saying if I change over I get a 200.00 visa card. So I called in and gotten the loudest call center I have ever heard. I could even hear a super in the background yelling and I even heard people cursing. I knew I was in for it lol. I told dude about the offer and he said that we would have to cancel the order and re enter one. The first order they only wanted a dollar to hold. Now that Im changing the order they want 19.95 for the equipment? I said the mailer says no up front costs or install fees nor is there anything in the fine print . I tell him Im not paying that and that nothing has changed. He gets his super that I had heard yelling in the background. She says the same thing and I say the same. She says its not a install fee. I say it is upfront costs. She says so let me get this right,you want to cancel for 19.95 when you will be getting 180.00 back? I said thats right. The visa is for 200.00 not 180.00 so you need to cancel. So any opinons? I think its shady with what they were trying to pull there. Am I in the wrong here?

2. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    Well lets see a scan of your offer? There is almost always a 19.95 handling fee for the equipment. Its your choice though nobody elses opinion should matter.

3. Mojojoe

Mojojoe Cool Member

Oct 17, 2012
    i dont have a scanner or I would show it. I did just find that it says that a 19.95 charge may apply. They waived it under the first order. I dont think they should reinstate it.

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    If the one of the only reasons you are subscribing is to get the $200 credit, you might want to rethink that.

5. Mojojoe

Mojojoe Cool Member

Oct 17, 2012
    I already had a order in. I dont think its right to waive it first then when you tell them about the visa card they want to apply the fee. Im going to wait a few days then call back in and see if it changes.

6. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    What was you getting with the 1st deal where they waived the fee?

7. Mojojoe

Mojojoe Cool Member

Oct 17, 2012
    It was the regular sale that they had online. I just called in because I had few questions. Genie with one hd box and coice extra for 50 plus tax.

8. yogi

yogi Legend

Feb 8, 2006
    How dare they charge you $19.95 more. just becuse you wanted a FREE$200.00 credit card.
    Look at it this way, If you pay the $19.95. You still make money on the deal.:)
    Or better yet. go to dish. That will show them.

9. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    Gotta side with the call center lady on this one.

OP makes absolutely no sense. Sounds like the type of sub that wants a bunch of free stuff up front and will cancel in a year when he has to pay full price and DISH or his local cable provider offers a better deal.

DirecTV actually has a new directive in place to try to avoid these types of subs. They are trying to improve the average quality of a sub as they aren't going to continue adding subs forever.

So in the end, OP has no TV and lost out on $180 trying to squeeze the last $20 out of DTV.

10. Mojojoe

Mojojoe Cool Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Ill prob call back in and see if they can do anything. If not Ill prob put a order back in. Dish dosent have Disney jr. My kid would kill me if she didnt have that.

11. Mojojoe

Mojojoe Cool Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Ive worked for the local cable company and Ive delt with those people. Again they waived it for the first order. Thats where I was coming from.

12. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I know that pain...I remember watching scrambled Disney Channel back in the day.

13. yogi

yogi Legend

Feb 8, 2006
    You are one of those poeple:)

14. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    Ok, but they weren't offering you $200 either.

15. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    Ding, ding, ding, ding!!!!

We have a winner!!!!

16. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    Wow! screw them just go get tv from somewhere else. $180 is just not worth it.:nono:

17. jburns

jburns Cool Member

May 11, 2012
    What's that old saying? Oh yeah. Penny wise, pound foolish.

18. Mojojoe

Mojojoe Cool Member

Oct 17, 2012
    I really was just seeing what people thought. Looks like that was a bad idea. I really wasnt ready for the wall of sarcasm. Stupid me I guess.

19. HGuardian

HGuardian Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    Yeah you'll get that a lot here, it's one of the most toxic forums on the web, but a lot of people put up with it because there is quite a bit of information here.

You are right though in reality. When a place says no upfront fees but then chargers you an upfront fee that's crap. It is certainly shady. Is it not an "upfront fee" because it's not called an "upfront fee"? Of course not.

20. MattScahum

MattScahum Legend

Oct 26, 2010
    The initial order placed online qualifies for delivery and handling free. The $200 gift card offer doesnt, as it says on the flyer. They are 2 different offers and.that is why the charge is valid. I work in.the call centers.and.sometimes agree with the customer. Not here.