Cannot access DirecTV OnDemand ...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by KhurramA, Aug 1, 2009.

1. KhurramA

KhurramA AllStar

Jun 16, 2009
    I connected my hr-23 to my router two days ago via direct ethernet cable.

When I go to the on demand channel the only thing that is there is the intro video.
    I Know it said it would 24 hours to download all the channels but nothing is available as of right now.

When I go to settings to check my internet connection it says that there may be a problem with your dish alignment and I should the signal strength etc etc..

I have full signals and am receiving all the channels perfectly (5lnb swm) so I know that's not the issue.

When I first activated the boxes we had to call in and get waivers because I kept getting errors that were issues with both tuners and I needed to request a waiver. I don't know if that has anything to do with it though.

Any tips?

2. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    I would check with CSR and see if your account for DOD has been activated on their end.

3. musicman0725

musicman0725 Cool Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Try going to Network Settings, then clicking Advanced. See if you're getting an IP Address in the range your router is supposed to be distributing. Also, check to see if Default Gateway and DNS both display the IP address of your router (ie. 10.0.1.1, 192.168.1.1, etc.). Click Connect Now and let us know what happens.

4. KhurramA

KhurramA AllStar

Jun 16, 2009
    I went to advance settings and entered everything manually.
    I clicked connect and everything seems to be working now as the on demand listings are starting to populate.
    Thanks!

5. musicman0725

musicman0725 Cool Member

Oct 21, 2007
    You're welcome. Glad that solved it!