Cannot use channel locks on CH 101....

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by cj9788, Apr 18, 2009.

1. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    This is NOT about the forced recordings, look past the recordings, this is about not being able to lock and hide ch 101.

I never had a problem with the forced recordings of E* propaganda before. The reason I had no problem with it was because I had ch 101 locked and hidden. Well it now appears that E* has taken away that ability. CH 101 is not only showing in my guide but I can not lock it, it does not appear in the list of ch's that can be locked. I will not watch any of the crap forced on my receiver and for the first time in 8 years I am really pissed at E* for doing this.

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Are you smart enough to just manually skip over 101?:lol::lol::lol:

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I don't see the big deal about this. IF it caused you to miss a recording of something you wanted to watch, then 100% absolutely complain to Dish about that.

But if it doesn't interfere with anything else, then there's nothing to complain about. Dish has the right to send these kinds of adverts (or set timers) as part of the agreement we all sign up for service.

In the grand scheme of things, these are minor inconveniences, and it literally took me all of about 5 seconds to delete the most recent forced recording.

4. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003

Not the point for years I had the choice of locking ch 101 and E* has taken that choice away.

5. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    I am not pissed about the forced recordings I could careless about that, What I am pissed about is I can no longer lock and hide a channel on my receiver. What next will they take away the ability to hide the shopping channels, what about pay per view they can just as easily take away the choice to hide those. What if a channel says as part of the carry agreement that e* can not let subs lock and hide the channel. This is just the begining.

6. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    WOW. Sounds like someone needs to take a sedative and walk away for a while. You subscribe to their service, you get to abide by their rules.
    I subscribe to season tickets for the Broncos, but that doesn't mean I get to pick the players they put on the field.

7. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    Again you are missing the point they will force other channls on us by removing the ability to lock and hide them. I have no problem with the ads no big deal but at least I had the choice of locking and hideing the channel. Next thing will be another channel that E* decides we must have and not be able to lock and hide.

I am and have been a happy E* customer for years since 2001, I love the service and the equipment. I have never had a problem with a receiver and have defended E* on this forum and the other one.

I am just unhappy with the fact that a channel I could lock befor is now being forced on me.

8. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Just because Dish won't allow you to remove the channel from your guide does not mean you have to watch it (keep in mind the slates located in the 99xx range, you can't remove them either). I skip it and deleted the dvr that was downloaded to by receivers and I get all the sleep I need at night.

9. TSR

TSR Legend

Feb 7, 2009

Maybe you should call Dish and complain if you would like a resolution as what you are doing here will accomplish nothing.

We both know Charlie won't give in to ridiculous requests such as you are considering.

10. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    Holy crap, they aren't forcing this channel on anyone. Until there is a requirement that you watch channel 101 (or any other channel for that matter) for a certain amount of time before you can watch anything else means they aren't "forcing" anything on you.

11. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    I happen to disagree, by taking away the ability to hide the channel then they are forcing it. I may not have to watch it but it is there now and my choice to hide it has been taken away.

12. TSR

TSR Legend

Feb 7, 2009

Your disagreement, per se, seems to be with Dish. Do you think it would apply as well to seek a resolution by speaking with them about the matter to not only make them aware of it but also to come to a possible resolution?

13. SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg Active Member

Aug 30, 2004
    I use a custom guide on my 622s and I am able to hide, or not include, 101 in my Guide.

Are you talking about "All Subscribed?"

14. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003

Yes I am talking about the all channel and all subscribed guides. BTW I seldom use those guides. I am just upset that E* is taking away my choice of channels I can lock and hide.

15. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    Yes I have allready sent an email to CEO. I tried to call the 800 number but the csr had no idea what I was talking about.

I know this is not the end of the world or anything like that. As I said before I do not like the idea of losing the ability of locking and hiding channels on my receivers.

16. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    again, WOW! :rolleyes:

17. garypen

garypen Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 1, 2004
    You make an excellent point, which simply cannot be comprehended by the mighty Dish Defenders©®™.

18. garypen

garypen Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 1, 2004
    I believe he is referring to "channel locks".

19. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    I went to channel locks, saw 101, picked it, and it is locked out. Went to my list of channels that you name (all subscribed, all, etc...) and could have it not show there. (Went back and reinserted 101 because I really don't care...)

What am I missing???

20. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    What type of receiver do you have? On my 2 625's it will not let me lock 101, it is not one othe channels avalable to be locked. See photo.