1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't deactiviate Standard receiver due to Nomad

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by xtremeflyer, Jan 17, 2012.

1. xtremeflyer

xtremeflyer Cool Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Yup.. Weird enough and no one at DirecTV Case Management can figure it out.

3 weeks ago I received the HR34, activated it, and then deactivated the D12 that I own. When they went to deactivate it, they got an error that said that they couldn't deactivate it because it conflicts with the activated Nomad. So it went to Case Management and he said he has never seen that error and it doesn't make sense, a standard receiver and the Nomad have nothing to do with each other.

Cut to 3 weeks later, the guy from Case Management continues to call me every 3 days (which I think is GREAT customer service) and tells me their Support Team is working it, but can't figure it out. In the mean time, the Standard receiver still shows up on my account, but he says don't worry, once it's resolved I'll get credited back the $6 receiver fee.

Anyway, just another quirk with the Nomad.

2. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Is perhaps the D12 the primary receiver on your account? That might be related to the issue. They have to basically transfer everything to another receiver before deactivating the D12, and maybe NOMAD is not transferring properly.

3. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    That was actually my first thought as well when I started reading the OP's post.

- Merg