1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't login to Directv website (AT&T is great, huh?!)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by WB4CS, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Aug 6, 2018 #1 of 43
    WB4CS

WB4CS Active Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Huntsville, AL
    Trying to login to Directv.com to make a change on my programming package and watch live TV on my laptop while I get some work done. When I login from the DTV website, it eventually ends up at an AT&T site that says, "We noticed you tried to sign in with your AT&T Access ID and password" and then goes on to recommend clearing cache and trying again. When I do, I just loop back around to the same place. Even trying to watch live TV is now impossible because it just loops me around and around for eternity telling me I'm not signing in correctly. If I go to "My DirecTV" from my AT&T account, it's barely got any info listed except for "Generic Package."

I'm sure this will mean several calls to Customer Support where "Bob" from India will be glad to assist me. Has anyone else ran into this before? Or is this just part of the new normal thanks to AT&T?

2. Aug 6, 2018 #2 of 43
    Clemsole

Clemsole Godfather

Sep 8, 2005
    Washington...
    I have no problems loging to DIRECTV Official Site | Call to Order 1-800-490-4388

3. Aug 6, 2018 #3 of 43
    Microphone

Microphone AllStar

Jan 30, 2007
    Nor do I. Try clearing everything and start again.

4. Aug 7, 2018 #4 of 43
    cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Last pass gave me a warning how the credentials are going to be sent to ATT.com but the website is DirecTV. And also the username and password fields would not auto fill... I had to copy and paste them in. Other than that I was able to log in without an issue.

I do not have an AT&T Wireless ID if that makes any difference. My login information was created and only used for DirecTV. My wife has an AT&T cell phone and on AT&T Wireless she uses her email address to manage that bill. My AT&T wireless is paid for from my employer so I do not have an AT&T Wireless ID.

I also used Google Chrome for this test.

5. Aug 7, 2018 #5 of 43
    WB4CS

WB4CS Active Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Huntsville, AL
    I've tried 4 different computing devices, on 3 different networks, on Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and IE, and cleared all cache and cookies on each device. It's an issue on their end as they are transitioning DTV accounts into AT&T accounts.
    Apparently I'm not the only one with this issue: after speaking to 15 different people, i was told to use att.com not directv.com

6. Aug 7, 2018 #6 of 43
    JMCecil

JMCecil Godfather

Jan 20, 2007
    I had the same problem. From what I can tell, my old password format (characters) are not supported by the new login service, so it was forcing me to change. When I tried to do the password change it said it couldn't find my account info... which I've had since, you know, 1997. It then gives you a support number that is for AT&T phone service, NOT DTV.

Short answer is to call DTV support directly. They acknowledged that they had an issue with some older accounts and that a manual reset had to be done. I was finally able to login after that.

jimmie57 likes this.
  7. Aug 7, 2018 #7 of 43
    Clemsole

Clemsole Godfather

Sep 8, 2005
    Washington...
    I do not have any problems loging in to
    DIRECTV Official Site | Call to Order 1-800-490-4388

8. Aug 7, 2018 #8 of 43
    MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Am not experiencing any issues logging into DIRECTV website.

9. Aug 7, 2018 #9 of 43
    Getteau

Getteau Icon

Dec 19, 2007
    Houston
    They must be in the middle of transitioning accounts over to AT&T. I just logged in with my main account and it stayed on the old DTV site. I then tried logging in with the account for my vacation house and it redirected me over to ATT.com. The ATT site had my equipment, but didn't have my bill.

10. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I can't get into the Protection Plan to put in a claim. I have to call the PP and go thru Asurion. Nobody seems to have a clue about this, I've tried and tried. It's not my computers.

Rich

11. JMCecil

JMCecil Godfather

Jan 20, 2007
    I was responding to the OP. I had the same issue and the only solution was to get them to manually reset my account. When I tried to do the account reset it would forward me to the AT&T system which does not have my account in it. And it seems the reason my account suddenly quit working is that my password had special characters in it that the new system does not allow. Again, this was only in response to the OP.

12. ericknolls

ericknolls Member

Aug 18, 2013
    New York,...
    I see what they mean - when they say Rome wasn't built in a day. Hope you find a solution to your signing in issue.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

13. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    I can’t log into the D* app. Anyone else having issues?

14. poppo

poppo Hall Of Fame

Oct 10, 2006
    Yesterday I got the e-mail stating I now have to use the the AT&T site and when I tried to use the Directv.com site it would no longer let me log in. After I finally got onto the AT&T site it was a nightmare trying to find anything. Apparently they did not port over the old bills so you can't see them. Trying to find your equipment requires going into support and drilling down several levels, and each step made me log in again. I have no idea where you would order a new receiver or DVR and I gave up looking. Not that I needed one, i was just trying to find the things I used to be able to do easily on the Directv site.

Since the AT&T site encompasses all of their services, you have to do a lot more rooting around to find things directly related to DirecTV. And their whole site is one of the most non-user friendly sites I have ever used.

So even if you can still log into the DirecTV site now, expect that to change as they continue this transition.

ericknolls likes this.
  15. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    There's a old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Since acquiring DIRECTV AT&T has spent a lot of time fixing it. Obviously the honchos at AT&T never read "How to Win Friends & Influence People". Instead they have proven time and again that they can screw up the Lord's Prayer during a Sunday Sermon!

16. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    With the old D* app you could schedule recordings and watch shows. With the new MyATT app you can no longer do that. Anyone know if they’re going to upgrade it so you can?

17. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Are you folks getting switched to the ATT site people that also already have ATT accounts? Or are people like me with ONLY DTV accounts getting switched?

18. poppo

poppo Hall Of Fame

Oct 10, 2006
    Mine was a DirecTV only account that was switched.

19. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Well, I guess tbe clock is ticking for me too then. Nuts.

20. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    I was a DirecTV customer only and they did the migration on mine yesterday (8/15/18). :(

The new att.com site is a disaster! I finally found the guide where you should be able to schedule recordings and I can on all 4 of my HR24 DVR's but it doesn't list my Genie HR44 which is of course the one I want record to. Refreshing equipment or doing a reset doesn't help. I installed the myATT app thinking I could maybe schedule recordings with it but it directs me to install the DirecTV app. I already had the DTV app but it would not let me log in so I finally uninstalled it and re-installed it and it works. I can schedule recordings to all HR24's and the HR44 Genie although it says they are all offline but they aren't. But I would still like to do it from a web browser on a PC or a Mac instead of having to using the app on my phone.

Does anyone know if you still get free upgrades once your 2 year commitment is up since AT&T bought DTV?