Can't Transfer From EHD to Hopper With Sling

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by js0873, May 17, 2014.

1. js0873

js0873 Legend

Apr 18, 2005
    I had Hoppers and changed to Hoppers with Sling. Before the switch I transferred many recordings to my EHD. After the switch I can't move any of them back to the Hopper. They all get transfer error 855, "An error occurred while transferring events to your "Hopper Set Top Box". I have 2 Hoppers with Sling and both do that, so it's not an EHD issue. The recordings can be viewed fine from the EHD but just won't transfer. It's not a big deal but I often want to view a recording from one room in another room, and you can't view another Hopper's EHD from another location. Is this a known problem? Have others run into this?

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    We have seen several reports of users having issues transferring recordings back to a Hopper (or one with Sling) from an EHD. I don't believe there has been a resolution, and not everyone seems to be having the problem. No word about a fix either, at least not one I can remember. The workaround of course is watching from the EHD and in your case that means moving it between rooms unfortunately.

3. chriscpmtmp

chriscpmtmp Legend

May 13, 2006
    I just did an upgrade to the Hopper with Sling this weekend. I transferred a lot of programs to a 2T drive. They do not transfer back from that drive. At first I figured it was a Hopper issue. I do have a few other drives though, so I did some tests and the other drives work fine. So your confidence its not your drive may not be accurate.

I sort of brought this one on myself. I had a bunch of Western Digital enclosures. I had one drive that seemed bad, but it was somethign in the encloseure when I moved the drive to another enclosure. So then I just added a 2t drive to an old (working) enclosure. That is the one that doesn't transfer back. i tried it in a second enclosue that works with another drive, and still no deal. So sometimes its the drive, and sometimes its the enclosure.

4. chriscpmtmp

chriscpmtmp Legend

May 13, 2006
    I had one follow up. I needed to pull the cord (hard boot) on the new Hopper with Sling to get the program graphics to show up. After that, my flakey EHD transferes programs perfectly. I'm not sure why only one was weird, but the hard boot took care of it. Maybe that will help your issue. I did many resets in the install, but none were a hard boot. I had the EHD connected during the hard boot. It big - 2T.

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    E.Mdtrn Sea
    usually it's name "Cold Boot"

hard boot could be a pressing red RESET button (have you use it ? ;) )

6. js0873

js0873 Legend

Apr 18, 2005
    I'm not sure when it happened, likely with a Hopper update on the 30th, but I'm now able to transfer recordings without a hitch. Maybe the update addressed my issues.