1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capacitors

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by lwilli201, Jan 2, 2011.

1. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    What is a good source for getting capacitors. I need a Series LY, 150uF, 450wv, +105 degree C. It is from the power supply of an LCD TV. It looks OK except that the end is slightly crowned and can be pushed in. A friend gave me the TV and the first time I turned it on it smoked a bit from the vent next to the power supply. A visual inspection of all the boards show no burn or heat marks. This capacitor is about 1 5/8 by 7/8 dia. A small 10uF cap has a slight bulge on top, unlike similar caps.

When turned on there is a dim picture on the screen but only lasts about 10 seconds even after the smoke event.

How close do the specifications have to be.

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    It depend of circuit, as rectificator of noise/ripples could be little of in capacitance, if not sure - look for same. Check digi-key, mouser, JDK, local surplus stores ..

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Wrong temp - you gave 85°C while he need 105°C

4. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    It was close but it is a snap in. I need to have two leads on one end to solder in. It has to lay flat. I did a further search and they all were snap in. Thanks for the help.

UPDATE: Found the caps I need at Mouse.com.