1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caprica available on DishOnline, free

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by russ9, Dec 31, 2009.

1. russ9

russ9 Godfather

Jan 28, 2004
    The Pilot for Caprica is available on DishOnline for free - and in HD!

Part Soap Opera and part BattleStar, I'm calling it Sigh Fi for now...

Oops, probably should have gone in "Recording Alerts"....

2. Reaper

Reaper Godfather

Jul 30, 2008
    I loved Battlestar but the Caprica pilot didn't do much for me.

3. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I've only watched about the first 12 minutes of the extended version on Syfy's web site until I got interrupted, but it is clear that it is going to be a complex scifi psychological story probably not "action filled" which is fine with me but may not appeal to exactly the same audience as "BSG."

Anyway, russ9 thanks for the heads-up on the download. For me, part 1 in HD is 3+ hours to download, but streaming from Syfy's web site was "choppy".

4. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    +1 on the thanks for the heads up. Currently downloading pt 1 and have pt 2 in queue waiting.

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I watched it a while back... and actually I thought it was much better than I had originally believed it would be.

It had some slow moments in getting started... so I can envision that the series might have some slow episodes as well... but if they keep the early Cylon development in the forefront, I think it could be good.

6. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Finished watching both parts. The quality of the picture was better than what I normally record. And indeed it is a very intriguing story line, so far.