1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cardinals @ Reds Not Blacked Out On ESPN

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Msguy, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    I Cannot Believe it. I live in Reds Territory. The Game tonight on ESPN is NOT....I repeat NOT Blacked Out For Me On ESPN. I am ALWAYS Blacked Out whenever there is a Reds Game On ESPN. Did They Forget To Just Black It Out For Folks In Reds Territory? I am in total shock that I can choose to watch the game on ESPN or FSN Ohio. I'm watching it on ESPN right now. Is anyone else In Cincinnati territory NOT blacked out and getting the game on ESPN?

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    I think it's because Monday's aren't ESPN exclusive nights.

3. HGuardian

HGuardian Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    I'm in both Reds and Cardinals territory (Near Memphis, TN) and the game is not blacked out for me on ESPN either.

4. Spring Rubber

Spring Rubber AllStar

Dec 9, 2006
    Monday Night Baseball on ESPN is unique: It does not have blackout restrictions, nor is it ESPN-exclusive like Sunday Night Baseball; thus everyone gets the choice to watch the game on the local networks or on ESPN.

(Note: ESPN can only air any given team three times a year on Monday Night Baseball before they must blackout that team's market for any future Monday Night telecasts beyond those three. Generally, ESPN tries to avoid this by varying the teams they show on Monday night, but they have gone over the limit of three in the past for popular teams like the Yankees and Red Sox, forcing them to use blackouts in those markets late in the season.)

5. renbutler

renbutler Godfather

Oct 17, 2008
    In Indy, I've been blacked out of ESPN's Reds/Cubs/White Sox games on many occasions. I agree with the original poster that not being blacked out of last night's game (I didn't check; I watched it on FSN) would have been unusual.