1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carfellas, a waste of time

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by 1953, Aug 10, 2012.

1. 1953

1953 Icon

Feb 7, 2006
    Desoto, TX
    I truly enjoy a wide variety of car show but Carfellas is without a doubt among the worst ever. If you've seen only five minutes I believe you will agree.

2. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    Haven't seen this one I do not believe. Worst I have seen recently was that stupid Hard Parts South Bronx, couldn't take all the fake BS after 1 episode. IF it is car related I'll at least watch once.

Edit, just looked it up, are these the two "mob" guys that are running a used car lot? That show lasted 2 eps before i gave up on it. Didn't even know it was still on.

Of the new ones I don't mind Fast N loud, still haven't decided if the owner is just a complete a hole or not. At least they show him losing money at times, even though they still don't take all costs like commission, time and labor into account.

3. 1953

1953 Icon

Feb 7, 2006
    Desoto, TX
    Yes, two mob guys and a seemingly level headed office guy. None of the car rebuild & resell car shows add it all costs. If they did they most probably would be in the red.

4. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Thought you were referring to the new show 'Counting Cars'

5. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    I was thinking the same thing. I can't wait for this show

6. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    I gave Car Fellas a try too, it's not very good. I do like Fast N Loud, it's a fun twist to the normal restoration show. It's neat to see a quick wash and flip and see the full on resto-mod in the same program.

Looking forward to Counting Cars too.

Just like Galaxie6411 mentioned I will pretty much give any car show a chance at least once.

7. Drucifer

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    You peeked my interest, so I DVR 'em today. But you're right. It's a complete waste of time.

Watched the first, 'Paddy Wagon', gave up in the middle of the second 'Scarlet Mustang'. Deleted the the remaining without watching.

8. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Anyone remember King of Cars about Towbin Dodge in Las Vegas?

9. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    Loved that show, actually was obsessed with their ads last time I was in Vegas, been 10 years ago now. Their cheap infomercial was just hilarious to watch early in the morning and it was cool to see a show about them years later. Tons of over hyped BS but I still liked the Kiiiiiiiiiiing of cars.

10. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Embrace-em boys.
    Click and Clack are retiring this year, these jack asses are all we will had. NPR promise to keep rerunning the car talk series. But it does not help the individual in distress.

Doomsday is fast approaching.

11. Drucifer

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    So far, Counting Cars is not so hot either.

Just saw a pitch for Texas Car Wars. Guess that will be the next one I'll try.

12. 1953

1953 Icon

Feb 7, 2006
    Desoto, TX
    Oh no!

13. Drucifer

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    I have taking a liking to Texas Car Wars.

The best was when they brought a Mustang wreck and during the rebuild, they found the body VIN been replaced.

They call the cops and they verified the car was stolen and hauled off the shell.

What the cops were going to do with the shell is beyond me. I doubt the insurance company would be smart enough to sell the shell.

14. 1953

1953 Icon

Feb 7, 2006
    Desoto, TX
    I also have troubles about the sale. Here in Texas one of two things happen. The car is crushed or it's stolen and carried to Mexico :)).