CBS Double Punch (NCIS & The Unit)

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by cdc101, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Dec 4, 2007 #1 of 13
    cdc101

cdc101 Godfather

Jan 8, 2007
    Another two of my favorite shows.

I probably should have put each of them in their own thread, but since they follow one another so close, I did it this way.

Both great shows, however I was pretty disappointed with the directing of 'The Unit' for the first 3 or 4 episodes this season. It seems that they have found their way (so to speak) over the last two though, so we'll see. I'll keep watching either way.

I am upset that they scrapped the origional theme cadence music and replaced it with the cheesy one that is currently this season's though.

2. Dec 4, 2007 #2 of 13
    GAM

GAM Member

Jun 3, 2007
    No question, the original theme music was perfect!

3. Dec 4, 2007 #3 of 13
    sean10780

sean10780 Godfather

Oct 16, 2007
    NCIS is another one of my favorite shows on.

I love the cast members and the storylines.

4. Dec 4, 2007 #4 of 13
    putty469

putty469 Legend

Jun 5, 2007
    I usually fast forward commercials, etc, on the Unit but I accidentally heard that cheesy music. I think my ears bled a little....

5. Dec 4, 2007 #5 of 13
    The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Did they not air some episodes of The Unit last season? When watching it this season as seeing the "previously on..." clips, it seemed that there was stuff I hadn't seen.

- Merg

6. Dec 4, 2007 #6 of 13
    SThacker

SThacker AllStar

May 24, 2005

The Unit is one of my favorite shows too. I am a little bummed out that they killed off one the main characters. Especially the way they did it. Last year's music was better.

7. Dec 4, 2007 #7 of 13
    BkwSoft

BkwSoft Legend

Oct 18, 2007
    Both are great shows. But why did they have to kill off Hector!?

8. Dec 4, 2007 #8 of 13
    jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    The wife and I hated it when they killed Hector but I think it is going to be a good thing as the show will be as good as always and it will be fun to watch when they try and replace him on Alpha team.......Im sure you know this but the cadence that was used as the theme is an old Marine Corps cadence....

9. Dec 4, 2007 #9 of 13
    GAM

GAM Member

Jun 3, 2007
    It was weird timing that Hector got killed because as my wife and I sat down to watch that epsiode I said they really need to kill one of the guys because there is no way that no one has gotten hurt or killed doing what they do. None the less, I was bummed too Hector was killed.

10. gregchak

gregchak Legend

Jan 8, 2007
    Hector played a great role. I'll be interested to see if they replace him. When the show started the group was already formed. I wouldn't mind seeing an episode that shows how someone is picked to be in The Unit.

I sent a letter to CBS complaining about the new theme. The old one was so incredibly perfect for the show. I can't think of a good thing to send to them like what happened with Jericho last year. The fan base was so disappointed when they heard CBS was canceling the show they all sent nuts to CBS; a reference to something that happened in the season finally. It will be back on for a half season because of the overwhelming response. Anyone have good sound software to create their own cadence/theme? We can all send them that.

11. GAM

GAM Member

Jun 3, 2007
    At the beginning of the show Bob was not part of the unit. They have shown epsiodes of the process he had to go through both to be chosen and also accepted as part of the "Unit"

12. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    Hector was the obvious one to kill off because he did not have a family to deal with on a weekly basis. A little less of all the family stuff would be nice, but I guess that is what makes it a show husband and wife will watch together.

13. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Grey has no family either.....my wife would watch either way family drama or not