1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CBS High Definition - East

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by ericmatz, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ericmatz

ericmatz Mentor

Jan 15, 2006
    Hi, please do us a favor. For those who has CBS High Definition from NYC (East), please set your receiver to enable closed caption. Please see if the shows with closed captioned works or not. I have CBS HD East and the closed captioned does not work good for that channel (missing letters, words, etc.). On HDNET, ESPNHD, TNTHD works good with closed captioned. Let me know what you find. I want to see if others are seeing the same problem as I am. THANK YOU!!!!! If you are seeing the same problem as I am, then I'll need your help in contacting Dish Support. I have called them like 50 times and they understood the issue but they didn't fix it yet.

2. tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
    Works Fine for me. Words are quite reliable for prerecorded. Somewhat garbled on live broadcast, but I contribute that to who ever is doing the live captioning.

3. jesserose17

jesserose17 New Member

May 2, 2006
    I have problems with digital captions being displayed on Los Angeles' ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX High Definition programs - none appear on ALL of their HD programs!! The digital captions work fine on standard definition programs.

Dish's HD programs such as ESPNHD, HDNET, TNTHD display the digital captions fine as well as HBO and Showtime HD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.