1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CBS on Sunday nights

Discussion in 'Recording Alerts (Closed Forum)' started by rahchgo, Oct 10, 2008.

1. rahchgo

rahchgo Godfather

Feb 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Show: All Sunday evening shows on CBS and FOX
    Date (or entire series): Fall 2008
    Recording Issue: Sunday football frequently goes long
    Identified Carriers: CBS and FOX
    Channel(s):
    Other Details:
    Remember that NFL football is back and can often extend the primetime schedule on Sundays. Pad your Series links accordingly. (I forgot.)

2. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Your not the only one. I've added an hour to my Sunday CBS recordings (The Unit). Which by the way, belongs partnered with NCIS, IMHO. :)

3. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    that really only happens on cbs nfl doubleheader weekends though right ?

like this week now is a fox dh weekend (10/26) so shouldnt be a problem for cbs.

4. 50+

50+ Legend

May 1, 2008
    I padded mine the week before for 30 min. It wasn't enough for this week missed the last little bit of The Unit.

5. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    I typically pad any show I record on Sunday Nights on CBS by 1 hour.

Mrs. Fluffybear says she can not wait until football season is over though as the additional padding limits her from recording something she might like.

6. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    this now is a fox dh weekend so cbs shows should start on time.

7. AccidenT

AccidenT AllStar

Jun 9, 2007
    Only if your market's single CBS game is the early one. If it's the late one, you're almost as likely to have overrun as a DH weekend. The game will start 15 minutes earlier than a DH weekend late game, but the overrun is almost always more than 15 minutes anyway.

It looks like the number of markets receiving a late CBS game this week is pretty small, though: http://the506.com/nflmaps/2008-08-CBS.html

8. Getteau

Getteau Icon

Dec 19, 2007
    Houston
    I thought so, but the Texans had the late game on Fox this past weekend and we had infomercials on CBS during the early and late timeslots. Even with the early and late game blackouts, The Unit still started 45 minutes late in Houston.