1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CBS Poised To Buy Half Of TV Guide, Partner With Lionsgate

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by APB101, Mar 25, 2013.

1. APB101

APB101 Icon

Sep 1, 2010
    Michigan
    CBS Poised To Buy Half Of TV Guide, Partner With Lionsgate

By Nellie Andreeva (03.22.2013)
    @ http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/cbs-acquiring-tv-guide-partner-with-lionsgate/

2. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
  3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I was actually going to ask (in all seriousness), is TV Guide really relevant anymore? I'm sure there are still people out there that don't have an interactive guide, but its got to be a limited market, since it doesn't require a DVR.

4. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    TV Guide, the magazine, is a separate business. This deal is for the TV channel and the website only. And if you haven't tuned into this channel in the last few years it isn't a programming/channel guide anymore it's mostly reality type programming and entertainment news.

5. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    This is the first jump by CBS into a non-sports, non-premium cable channel. Presumably the plan will be to compete with NBCU's USA and Bravo. It has significant meaning in that CBS to date has focused on the broadcast channel and Showtime. It is the only major broadcast network that did not have a cable channel under its corporate umbrella. The company does own 50% of The CW, also a broadcast network.

6. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Sure glad it has nothing to do with the magazine which I subscribe to and enjoy reading. Right now the web site is very integrated with the magazine so it will be interesting how things change if this deal goes through.