1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CBS Renews 'Rules of Engagement' for Midseason

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, May 21, 2012.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    As usual, CBS renewed "Rules of Engagement" IMHO as the potential filler if anything goes wrong with the Monday lineup. From The Hollywood Reporter:

2. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    I've been recording some of them and sometimes watch one or two on the CBS channel on Windows Media Center, but I'm not impressed with where it seems to be going. As with so many other shows, the first season may have been the best and the second may not have been too bad, but then they start messing with the format.

If they are going to change something, dump David Spade. I don't get the point of his character. Other than the coffee shop, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the couples.

3. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    If you dump Spade you dump the show. It's a Happy Madison, aka Adam Sandler, production. His buddy Spade gets dumped and he drops the show.

4. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    I like Spade's character ... he completes the formula of a new couple, old couple and forever single friend.

5. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    I just have no use for him period. He wasn't too bad at first in "Just Shoot Me", but he got annoying later on. He ruined "8 Simple Rules".

6. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I really don't know why, but we watch the show when it's on for a few chuckles. Without Spade's annoying character Russell there'd be no Timmy character.

But truthfully the dynamic that makes the show watchable is between the characters Audrey, Jeff, Adam and Jennifer.

7. zimm7778

zimm7778 Hall Of Fame

Nov 11, 2007
    I can't stand how stupid they've made Adam. Other than him I love the show. I do wish they had done something for closure on Russell's wedding. It's like it never existed.

8. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    They could work Timmy in somewhere else.

But what really ticks me off is that this is another show that appears to have gone the baby, baby, baby, wahhhhhhh, baby, baby, wahhhhh, wahhh, wahhhh, route. I'll never understand why they have to screw up perfectly good shows with preggosauri.

9. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Does anybody knows the name of the office building that the Spade character works in?

10. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    Same here, I like his character and how Timmy plays off him too.

11. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    He's been that stupid since the pilot episode.

12. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    Dunbar Industries