1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CBS This Morning

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by wilbur_the_goose, Jan 19, 2012.

1. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    I've been watching the new "CBS This Morning", and it's GREAT! Much better than Today and GMA now - more solid reporting and news-centered.

I really like the new program and urge you to record it and give it a shot :)

2. EdJ

EdJ Legend

Jan 9, 2007
    Agreed... Charlie Rose gives the program a great boost. I just hope he can keep the 'fluff' level down. If they start showing the fashions and hollywood scandals again, I'm out of there.

3. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    I watch 'Morning Joe' on MSNBC, but for some unknown reason my DVR mysteriously started recording 'CBS This Morning', so I've caught a few minutes here and there. So far, I'm not all that imperssed.

Different strokes...

BTW, I think Erica Hill is a hottie! :sure:

4. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    The new set and giant screens are kinda cool and as you said, it's more hard-news oriented. Charlie Rose is starting to look really old and doesn't look like he's used to being up that early.

5. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    I really do not see CBS ever being successful in that time slot. Its core constituancy simply does not mesh with the time period.

Possible inovations would be to give the time back to the affiliates for local shows similar to what many big city Fox stations do, providing them with a national news material for that, bringing back children's programming, or going to business news.

6. Phil T

Phil T Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
    Littleton,...
    How many times have they redone this show? What happened to Harry Smith?

7. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    He's now an NBC reporter, showing up in the field for reports on NBC Nightly News.