1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ch 455 Univision Deportes HD

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by jamieh1, Mar 17, 2013.

1. jamieh1

jamieh1 Hall Of Fame

May 1, 2003
    Has anyone figured what packages this channel is in. Directv website still does not list it.

They still have not update its HD line up since the last round of new HD channels.

2. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    I know I'm able to see it in Choice Ultimate.

Kevin

3. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    I have it in the Entertainment package.

4. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    I'm not getting it. I have Choice Classic.

5. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    I have Xtra and cannot view this channel.

6. dwrats_56

dwrats_56 Godfather

Apr 20, 2007
    Columbia, MO
    I have it in Premier.:grin:
    Sorry couldn't help myself.

7. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Yea right, and I bet you read Playboy for the articles :sure:

8. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    Actually, I have Choice Extra Classic, too, but I'm still not getting it.

9. jamieh1

jamieh1 Hall Of Fame

May 1, 2003
    I emailed Directv and told them I had Extra package. Asked what channels the ch should be in, they said after reviewing my package that I should be getting it. Said to call technical support.
    I may call tomorrow.

10. FavreJL04

FavreJL04 Legend

Feb 4, 2006
    Choice Extra Classic here too and I have it.

11. Michael H..

Michael H.. Member

May 31, 2007
    If you should be getting 455 Univision Deportes HD, but aren't.
    If you have a customized channel list, verify that both the "Channels Blocked" and the "Favorites" have 455 HD "Activated".
    In the past, when DTV upgraded a channel from SD to HD, the new HD channel, with/without "Hide SD Duplicates", would seamlessly appear on the customized guide.
    Sometime back, and including the 8 HD channels (204 HLNHD -- 559 IFCHD) launched in January, that was not the case.
    There would be duplicates: example:
    204 HLN SD
    204 HLN HD
    The old 204 SD would still be checked, but the duplicate new 204 HD would not.
    When the 204 SD was removed by DTV, the new 204 HD would not be checked, unless the sub went into the menu and manually added it.
    First go into the "Channels Blocked" and "Favorites" and check the 455 HD.
    If you then tune to the channel, and get the new "You are Not Subscribed" screen, then you will need to contact DTV.

12. AlphaDevil

AlphaDevil New Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I just talked with a DIRECTV rep about the channels and he informed me that the three channels will be available on the top three Spanish Packages (Optimo Mas, Mas Ultra, & Lo Maximo) not on the lower tier one (Mas Latino). I'm not sure about which packages the channels will be on for the English programming though. He said that this could change in the future if there is any more movement of channels but for now, it will remain like this.

Hopefully this helps out with any confusion, I haven't seen many people talk about the Spanish Packages, only English.

13. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    CHOICE XTRA CLASSIC and I'm getting it.

14. jamieh1

jamieh1 Hall Of Fame

May 1, 2003
    I see the ch 455 Unvision Deportes HD appears at the top of the screen, says call to order.

15. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    After an initial e-mail that incorrectly stated Xtra and higher on Friday night, I just got confirmation from them:

Univsion Deportes:
    Mas Latino or higher
    Ultimate or Higher
    en Espanol Add On
    Sports Pack

tlnovelas and ForoTV:
    Optimo Mas and higher
    en Espanol Add On

They didn't mention which grandfathered packages get them.

16. TKT

TKT New Member

May 6, 2010
    I have the granfathered "Familiar Ultra" and am not getting it. I called, and CSR said I would not be able to get it on my granfathered package, and asked me if I wanted to change. The problem is my current package has the NFL network, where none of the other Spanish packages have it except for "Optimo" which includes all channels. I'm not wanting to pay double what I pay now just to get one channel. Anybody know where I can write to and submit a request to add this to my package? :mad:

17. fleckrj

fleckrj Icon

Sep 4, 2009
    Cary, NC
    I doubt that grandfathered packages would get anything new.

18. jamieh1

jamieh1 Hall Of Fame

May 1, 2003
    Directv.com list the channel in EXTRA-ULTIMATE - PREMIERE

19. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    The multiple posts in this thread and in the HD anticipation thread of people with Choice Xtra Classic saying they have it seem to indicate otherwise.

And we have multiple people with Xtra saying they're not getting it. My guess is that the initial info was drafted before the packages and contracts were finalized.

20. Lugnut

Lugnut AllStar

Feb 11, 2013
    Eagle, Idaho
    There's a known issue with customers in grandfathered base packages not getting this channel all at the same time. Choice Xtra Classic is supposed to have it, but access cards are being updated through April 2nd to fix this. Sit tight :)