1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chances of winning a signal test

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by SParker, Jun 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SParker

SParker Active Member

Apr 27, 2002
    Guys, I am trying to get a waiver for CBS-HD with D* because my local HD station has a poor signal. I requested a waiver and I am supposidly served by three stations which I need waivers from. When I requested waivers through DIRECTV all 3 denied me waivers. I called the individual stations and 2 of the 3 including my local DMA station granted me a waiver. The 3rd is a Young Broadcasting owned station which is 67 miles away and I can't get a good analog signal and I can't get much of a digital signal either with a very large antenna, pre-amp and rotor. However they refuse to grant a waiver. I understand my only option is to request a signal test with D* and have them test for analog 6 (even though it's HD I want). Do you think my chances are good to win?

2. TANK

TANK Icon DBSTalk Club

Feb 16, 2003
    FLORIDA
    How much is this test going to cost you?
    I remember reading about one guy who asked for the test,but gave up because of the
    delay.
    Good luck

3. SParker

SParker Active Member

Apr 27, 2002
    DIRECTV CSR said she didn't know and made it sound like they had to test for all analog signals which I know those are good. Unfortunately they don't test for digitals. :( I told the gal to just forget it. I will probably just live without CBS-HD and watch CBS-SD (barf) :(

4. TANK

TANK Icon DBSTalk Club

Feb 16, 2003
    FLORIDA
    You could go Canadian sat for the US networks.
    Or you could "move" for D*.

5. SParker

SParker Active Member

Apr 27, 2002
    I'd rather keep things on the up and up so I guess I will hope D* adds HD locals like they are talking about in a couple years.

6. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    S, I feel your pain, but don't hold your breath waiting for HD LiLs from anyone due to bandwidth limitations. IMO, "in a couple years" woud be highly and unrealistically optimistic. Maybe by 2010 we will make contact with HD from space. :sure:

7. SParker

SParker Active Member

Apr 27, 2002
    Well I guess they are going to use the Spaceway satellite for HD instead of internet but we will see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.