Change in guide from latest software update?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by xtc, Jul 29, 2019.

1. xtc

xtc Legend

Jun 26, 2004
    In the last few weeks, i noticed a change in my HR54 and client. I guess it's a software update. When using the guide and you highlight a channel and click info, the list appears of all the upcoming shows for that channel. When you scroll down a few pages of the upcoming shows and click on a show to get more info on it, and then you hit the left arrow key on the remote to go back, it takes you back to the very beginning of the list of upcoming shows for that channel. Like the current show that's airing. It never did that before. In the past, when you hit the back button, it took you back to the area of the list of shows that you originally clicked on. It's super annoying that it doesn't do that anymore, especially if you clicked really far down on the list and now you have to find where you left off manually every time. Sorry if it's hard to follow, but if you do that with the remote, you'll see what i mean. Anyway, is there a way to change this to how it used to be? i am guessing no? I can't imagine that the software developers purposely wanted to do this, looks like an oversight and it's an annoying one.

2. xtc

xtc Legend

Jun 26, 2004
    Never got any response on this. Anyone have an answer how to get it to work like it used to?

3. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    I think this was mentioned in a previous thread. i agree this is a p.i.t.a. and I have not found a way around it.

Best I've found is to note what day the program description you're viewing is for then click that day in the left column. It will take you to the beginning of that day's listings, but at least if you're viewing several days in the future it doesn't take you clear back to the beginning of current listings.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019 at 8:56 PM