1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change in the way receivers are listed on my bill

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by elaclair, Apr 9, 2012.

1. elaclair

elaclair Rescued Racers Live Here

Jun 18, 2004
    Del Mar, CA
    I just noticed a change on my bill about the way the receivers are listed.

Before it would show as:

Additional Receiver -- $6.00
    Leased Receiver -- $6.00

So it was easy to tell if they had one listed as owned (the Additional Receiver entry)

Starting last month (missed it on that one, caught on the latest) it now shows:

Additional TV -- $6.00

for all of them.

Wondering if I should be concerned that my owned receivers have suddenly become leased..........
    Thoughts?

2. Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo Legend

Mar 14, 2012
    Probably not...It was part of the 2012 price changes. Go to page 2 of this document from DirecTV:
    http://www.directv.com/2012pricing/2012PNP0112IPINGMJ792GMENG.pdf

"Leased Receiver" and "Additional TV" are former names, and "Additional TV" is the new name.

3. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    It was a name change to help avoid the confusion that people were paying a lease fee for a piece of equipment rather than a programming cost. Status of receivers were not changed.

4. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    No and the way to tell which is which on your bill now is to see which ones they charge you tax on. The ones they do not charge you tax on are owned. Hope this helps.

5. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    In WA, lease fees were taxed, while additional receiver fees were not. My bill this month (only owned receivers) showed a new sales tax entry but it is much higher than this fee would account for. The bill just says "sales tax" without indicating what it is for. I sent a message to Directv asking for an explanation but have not yet heard anything.

Edit:
    I just heard back from Directv. The sales tax was an error on their part and a correction is being processed. It sounds like I wasn't the only one who experienced this.

6. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    That only works in some states.